Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have experience with the cell phone carrier called Mint?

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Flaco My buddy put this together it's a repeater mast/ amplifier and he was able to get 4 bars in the middle of a forest where the phone alone got none
    Attachment 39034Attachment 39035
    I've been thinking of doing something like that. I only have two bars at best and use WiFi for calls on my cellphone.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I've been working from home with Wells for 2 years.....
    Yikes...... I'll tell you retirement ain't bad.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

he got the repeater off amazon its by Orpey the mast is a modified painters pole. he is getting me more info

On edit:

He purchased the set by Orpey. It's marketed for homes or offices and included an indoor and outdoor antenna, the bidirectional amplifier , and power supply.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

this is what you used for the mast

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

on the repeater he said to get the multi channel one or you can get screwed as the technology changes. They also sel mobile kits for rv / truck use
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

on a building you put the repeater where ever it picks up the best signal then you put the indoor antenna where you will use the phone the most. don't point them at each other or you will get squelch feedback

Do your homework before purchasing a signal booster. They are limited by the FCC as to the power they put out and the ones that are multiple carrier capable are lower powered than the ones that are carrier specific.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Flaco My buddy put this together it's a repeater mast/ amplifier and he was able to get 4 bars in the middle of a forest where the phone alone got none
    Attachment 39034Attachment 39035
    Be careful.. sometimes the “4 bars” that you see on the phone is the output of the repeater and may not contain four bars of telephone signal.. but it may contain a useable signal, and that’s the goal..

On AT&T.. pull up the manual dial Keypad and call the following *3001#12345#* dial the asterisk at each end.. should tell you the “band” that you are operating in. Trick will not with cut & paste or speed dial.. must manually keypad

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    I've been working from home with Wells for 2 years.....
    Think if I was to retire I go to FLA and create You tube videos of people launching their boats. There's 3-5 doing it and from what I see you get to watch boats and people.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Lawrence Livermore National Lab.
    A Way cool organization. They've been involved in many of our nation's modern military advancements.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I've had Verizon since 2004 when I went trucking. Very rarely do I not have service but the 20th of the month is painful. I had my mom and older sister on but I'm down to my sister and I killed the line to my air card since I have Starlink. I know I could use the Wi-Fi for the phone just never tried it. I got rid of Dish Network figured I traded the bills.

And on the retirement I'm needing to look for something to make up the difference between SS and bills. Hell next trip to town I'm going to see what Walmart has to offer, figure it's a fufu job, just need a grand to cover the difference. I have an offer for free full hookups in Salome for the winter, will see what there's to do down that way, really don't want to go back on the road.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

here is my take on it so far bo. i have verison, the man i work with has mint. in the last month ish, he has had no more dropped calls than i have. as far as signal it seems to be the same. he is paying less than half of what i pay, so i think i will be switching to mint in november when my verison contact is up.
    it's time to change the air in my head