Thread: I have to remain hopeful

I have to remain hopeful

I have deep concern for what I see as the erosion of our democracy and the very real threat we face from the rinos who have overrun what was once a proud political party.

trump is not the core problem, he only read the tea leaves correctly and made a growing movement his own----taking trump out will not end the threat this element posses.

It should concern all of us that a man like Mihály Orbán of Hungary, an unabashed authoritarian is idolized by so many in this country---including CPAC and pucker carlson who want the US to model his form of "dictatorship". He is about to come here to address CPAC in Dallas in August, along with trash like turmp, cruz and MTG. That my friends scares me

That said, this morning I read:

Americans are sliding away from Trump, as well as from the extremism of the Republican Party, creating a problem for the Republican lawmakers who want to continue to appeal to their extremist base while also seeming to stay within the bounds of normal politics.

And news broke today that Representative Glenn Thompson (R-PA), who voted last week against the Respect for Marriage Act protecting gay marriage, this weekend attended his son’s wedding to another man. His spokesperson said the congressman and his wife were “thrilled to attend and celebrate their son’s marriage.”
    We are surrounded by the spineless and mislead----I pray that more Americans have the clarity of thought to reject this "enemy" of our nation.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-26-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yo Dave , The missing [ h ] changes your whole statement .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    Yo Dave , The missing [ h ] changes your whole statement .
    I'm afraid that is a bit too cryptic for me
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

taking trump out will not end the [ treat ] this element

Don't you just LOVE autocorrect ?.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'm afraid that is a bit too cryptic for me
    It took me a couple of readings to find it. It is amazing how our minds can make sense out of misspelled words and words with jumbled letters.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Ah----now I see says the blind man---I will make the change!

This morning brings more news on orban----the darling of the rabid right rinos:

On July 15 the European Commission announced that it would sue Hungary over an anti-LGBTQ law and its refusal to renew the license of a broadcaster critical of the government, and today one of Hungarian president Viktor Orbán’s longtime advisors resigned over what she called his recent “pure Nazi” speech about “mixed-race” nations. "I don't know how you didn't notice that the speech you delivered is a purely Nazi diatribe worthy of Joseph Goebbels," she wrote. And yet, Orbán is still scheduled to speak next month at the August 4 meeting of the Conservative Political Action Conference in Dallas, Texas.

I had never heard of this guy until recently. I guess I have mostly ignored the far right loonies just like I ignore most of the leftist loonies.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The citizens of Hungary continue to vote him in so the way I look at it that's their choice.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It is widely understood that those elections are fixed----he makes trump jealous

Maybe so that's pretty much the standard in those type countries. Regardless I don't know if I have time to concentrate on those countries with all the problems we have here. I guess because Tucker mentioned them and went over and visited him that makes it newsworthy.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

No---but CPAC is in love with him and even went there to hold a conference with orban as the opening act.

Oh, sure. We hunt for an "h" and forget... and miss... well, O.K., I looked up Mihály Orbán. He's got a Wiki page under Viktor Mihály Orbán.

"Under his leadership, Fidesz shifted away from its original centre-right, classical liberal, pro-European platform toward right-wing national populism."
    - Wikipedia

What the heck is a centre-right, classical liberal?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Balanced budget, free trade. Reaganism with a bit of slivovitz.

"Plumb brandy" is what pops up on slivovitz. Works for me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead