Thread: Ben don't try this

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ben don't try this

I know you'd like to but don't.

https://fb.watch/evbuPriYax/
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Maybe he should've tightened the valve cover down a bit more......

Must...Resist...Showing...Off...
    Must...Resist...Showing...Off...

...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Man, that was quite the video. I'm assuming the guy that could afford to pour that much money into an engine can also afford to lose it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That thing at the end sounded a whole lot like a run away Jimmy-----a sound I have first person knowledge of

Ben----is that engine prone to run away?

There was also a few puffs of white smoke in the runup that would have concerned me
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Ben----is that engine prone to run away?

There was also a few puffs of white smoke in the runup that would have concerned me
    I think any engine that has a source of incoming oxygen and some kind of fuel (even antifreeze) can trigger a runaway...With the modifications those engines endure I would say, yes to the possibility...And I agree on the white smoke - I would have shut down that second......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The Jimmy that ran away for me was in an excavator so the engine was behind me. I was also down on a shelf digging a jack and bore pit to go under a railroad. The location made the intensity of the noise even worse----it sounded as if a helicopter was landing on my head. The "E" stop was to my left and slightly behind me---by the time I realized what was happening and got hold of the "E" stop it was all over

We ended up rebuilding the engine down in that hole. I would have dropped a crate engine in it but couldn't get one quickly enough.

That is the only engine I ever had run away. I have never heard of a Cat running away----and they do not have "E" stops on them either.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis