Thread: Trump and Pence duel in Arizona in fight for Republican future

Trump and Pence duel in Arizona in fight for Republican future

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...uture-election

In Arizona’s gubernatorial race, candidate Kari Lake’s consistent and combative false claims about election fraud were rewarded with an endorsement from Trump back in January, which helped the former local Fox news anchor and Barack Obama supporter surge ahead in the race for the Republican nomination.

But Trump’s visit on Friday also took place as his former wingman Mike Pence spoke at two campaign events for Karrin Taylor Robson, Lake’s main rival in the key battleground state, who has stopped short of calling the election corrupt.

Trump and Pence squared off in Arizona the day after the congressional committee investigating the attempted coup on January 6 said that the then president’s refusal to call off the violent mob for over three hours amounted to a dereliction of duty. The duel signals a proxy war for the future of the Republican party, and follows revelations that Trump approved – or was at least nonchalant about – the mob chanting “hang Mike Pence”.
    Somehow Bo was left out again. Vote Bo.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

"...which helped the former local Fox news anchor and Barack Obama supporter..."
    - The Guardian

Wow - when #45 supports an old Obama supporter, we are heading into the Twilight Zone.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

you know I would pay good money to watch a duel between Pence and Trump out in the desert at 20 paces
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Oh please please, let me stand in for Mr Pence, please pretty please
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Oh please please, let me stand in for Mr Pence, please pretty please
    You don't have any guns!!!!!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Thunderdome: two men enter one man leaves

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thunder dome.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	39019
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Trump might hide a sniper.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    IMHO.. Pence saved Trump from impeachment.. Dems didn’t want to deal with Pence as President..

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    You don't have any guns!!!!!
    I don't have many but I'll loan him one.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    I don't have many but I'll loan him one.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis