Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rusty Bowers Censured

Interesting why some folks want to be so dismissive as to actually what Hillary did in 2016. Don't forget the Durham investigation and it's not being run by Fox News.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I hope this doesn't come across as dismissive of her actions, because they were pretty bad, but the part that I think was worthy of an investigation is where the FBI got involved. The Steele Dossier, had that not been given to the FBI, would have represented a political dirty trick that has lots of company.

And on a relative scale, I'm more concerned about the possible corruption of FBI agents, favoring Trump, who leaked information to Giuliani about Clinton. That is law enforcement involving itself in selecting a winner in an election. The Steele Dossier Affair is bad but the FBI maybe taking a direct hand in torpedoing a candidate is dangerous.

I am old enough to remember Donald Segretti and the Dirty Tricksters in the 1972 election. I know that Hoover himself spread rumors that Adlai Stevenson was gay. Push polling in South Carolina asked people if they would be upset to learn that John McCain had an illegitimate African American baby. Dirty tricks are ugly but when our law enforcement gets involved, that's a real problem. So I hope that the Durham investigation is thorough and well-publicized. Even if no one actually goes to jail, there is benefit in shining a light on things that happened so that politicians won't be so inclined to try that **** again. And if someone does go to jail, then a valuable lesson is imparted to all, so I support the Durham Investigation. After Segretti went to jail for his dirty tricks, there was a lot less of that sort of thing for a while. People stuck to the low down mudslinging and didn't venture into illegal activities. For a while.

AZ Politics is effed up big time....... No wonder I avoid it but everyone I know talks about it...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Interesting why some folks want to be so dismissive as to actually what Hillary did in 2016. Don't forget the Durham investigation and it's not being run by Fox News.
    Agree, hold her accountable..

But.. she didn’t have her supporters storm the Capitol and kill police officers.. and attempt to disrupt the election results.

I believe the appearance of downplaying Hillary is that she shouldn’t be compared to Trump..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Agree, hold her accountable..

But.. she didn’t have her supporters storm the Capitol and kill police officers.. and attempt to disrupt the election results.

I believe the appearance of downplaying Hillary is that she shouldn’t be compared to Trump..
    No she didn't do that but she did involve her so deeply in election interference and so did the FBI. She may not have done so by violence but she did it just the same. She set in motion the ruination of Trump's presidency. Pretty serious stuff. So while I support continuing investigation into January 6th I would also like to see other people who interfere with elections in very serious ways such as framing the president of the United States pay their price as well.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Continuing to see this subject banner, I continue to ask myself, how can we have prostituted our values to such a degree that instead of applauding his noble action we censure a man of such high standards -----simply for doing what was right

It is time Mr. Bowers to move on---leave the rinos behind and join us "fallen" in the arena of independents.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    There is a reason I dont vote....
    And Trump is the reason I vote....
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson