Thread: Auction Results

Auction Results

It is finished

There are a few more that will be in another auction but the majority were sold today. I hope that everyone of them goes to someone who will enjoy them as much as I have

There were no real disappointments and a few surprises. The biggest surprise was the Browning Citori Grade VI went for $9000. The Parker did move ahead of the Fox, which it should have. Both did well.

I had a Remington 700 BDL with a scope on it that went for $475 while a ADL without a scope went for $600 in similar condition. The scope (Weatherby 2-3/4X10) from the ADL sold separately for $750. New the BDL cost more than the ADL but I always preferred the cleaner look of the ADL. The gun had taken Moose, Caribou, Elk, White Tail, Mule Deer, and Antelope, never needing a second shot We slept together many nights out on the Tundra

All my reloading stuff and ammo will go up for auction in August.

This getting old chit sucks
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Congratulations. Sounds like a success to me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Sounds like a success to me.
    Me too...I only wish I had a few guns with that kind of value......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Here is a link to the entire auction results.

I am at a loss as to why the Citori went for the price that it did, they can easily be had for less than $4000. But----I'll just have to live with it

Overall I had the high 5 guns in the auction.

I had sent a London made mussel loading SXS with Damascus barrels that I had brought back from the scrap heap years ago and turned it back into a very respectable wall hanger but I never saw it on the auction.

I took that down to "bright metal" and then browned it -----the old fashioned way----by peeing on it for weeks on end. The wood, which had been varnished, was stripped and then sanded with 400 and sanded with 600 and sanded with 1200 and then rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed with increasingly fine steel wool and tongue oil. I would workup a paste of the oil and "sanding dust" and rub that in for hours on end, let it dry and go at it again the next night. It was as smooth as the proverbial babies ass with a low gloss sheen---lovely

The bores were beyond bringing back to shooter status. I did clean them up by wrapping steel wool around a 1/2" wood dowel and "drove" that with a 1//2" drill and "honed" the bores. I did not see any separations either in the bore or on the outside surface but I was not about to put a charge in it---they just don't look good over the fireplace with the barrels "unwound"

It had a gold oval plate set into the stock that was intended to be engraved with the buyers initials, it had not been engraved----so it now has DCG on it
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis