Thread: Auction preview

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Auction preview

The auction for my guns closes tomorrow but I just took a look at were they are now and I am overall reasonably pleased, knowing that tomorrow should result in some last minute bids.

As expected the SXS shotguns are leading the parade with the Fox and the Parker within $500 of each other.

The highest ROI clearly go to the "lesser" of the collection, a Marlin 336, 35 Rem is at $550, I paid $69 for that in 1972----and killed a lot of deer with it!
    The other star is my Savage 342, 22 hornet at $325 which I bought used in 1959 for $16----the groundhogs that sent to their final den are uncountable

Just to be an obnoxious show off, I used to shoot 5 shot groups with the Hornet into a bottle cap at 100 yards---just because I could
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-18-2022 at 12:46 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis