Thread: Honest RV tech

Honest RV tech

I was on the road and my Fridge high temp sensor took a dump. I had the parts with me as I knew it was going bad. What I didn't know was that it would throw a code to disable the control board. That code is solution is not on the net. My friend gave me the number of her tech. He drove an hour and a half to where I was working on Sunday. We pulled the fridge, replaced the sensor and power board. cleaned up some corroded wires, reinstalled the fridge. he then reprogrammed the optical board to unlock it. Fridge is working like new. He only charged me $200 for 3 hours of drive time and 2 hours of labor. While we were talking he saw my espresso machine and remarked how he loved good coffee. I had a bag of fresh ground beans so I gave it to him.
    Last edited by TriGuy; 07-18-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Great story… your guy would never “fit in” at my dealership service department (why I drove to factory for service)..

I really like your rig.. wish slide ins were a “better fit” on the east coast..

It's always good to find a scrupulous member of any profession...Their reputations are what gets them the business......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Hard to find that these days. I had a guy like that he was honest and knew everything about almost anything camper or motor coach. He charged $75 to come out and then whatever the parts were and usually a very small fee for his labor which I always added to.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Just an update. Our days have been around 100°F fridge is staying at 34°f and the freezer at 12°F. Consider me satisfied.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

And they say Unicorns don’t exist.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry