Thread: Yo Ben !!

Yo Ben !!

I have an old Winchester Model 74 22 LR and am curious if it has any value. Are there web sits that can help me determine this. It was my granpa's so assume it is quite old.. I use to plink cans with it as a kid.......

Any insight?

It sounds invaluable to me. I have a .22 that is pretty much the same as yours only different model. It is definitely invaluable.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Any insight?
    A little maybe...This site is where a lot of interstate sales take place...If you use the search feature, it can help you determine a value...However, use the "advanced search" function and be sure to click "completed sales"...Otherwise you wind up with the starry-eyed prices that people think their gun is worth, and they would love to get for it...This site also uses auctions (which I avoid like the plague) and sometimes late-night shoppers who have had far too much to drink get into bidding wars, and run prices far beyond actual worth...Once you find some completed sales on a gun similar to yours, check further on bid histories and bidder histories because some sellers use shill bidders to run values up, then sell the same gun to an unsuspecting soul using the shill bids as a value guide...

Use caution, and remember everything has value, but it's only worth what the next owner is willing to pay for it...Also you're not really selling, rather you're trading for something that may or may not have the same value tomorrow - like dollars for instance......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    .Also you're not really selling, rather you're trading for something that may or may not have the same value tomorrow - like dollars for instance......Ben
    Those words ought to be imprinted on every child's brain as soon as they can understand words. Truer words were never spoken!
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

I think I will take to a gun shop to be cleaned up and put back in firing order and enjoy it !!!!

I think I will take to a gun shop to be cleaned up and put back in firing order and enjoy it !!!!
    Excellent plan!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Now we're talkin'......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My father had an old Winchester lever-action repeating rifle. We'd hunt those small coastal deer up around Tahoe's foothills.

Fortunately, my father was not a very successful hunter. Instead, it was simply quality time we still treasure.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead