Thread: Griner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Griner

I think it is time to do a package deal. Griner, Whelan, whomever else for whatever Russian arms dealers Putin wants back. We can always catch them again and there are ways to defang them so time to do a swap. No deadbeat Russian is worth our citizens sitting in a Russian jail. I don't think Putin gives a **** about whatever point we are making by keeping these criminals so make the trade.

Nope not even a fan of trading. If you did the crime you do the time.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I have no sympathy and do not think we should give Russia any concessions. She had to know the consequences of getting caught smuggling drugs into Russia. She can do her time.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Wow. Hard asses!

How do we know she was "smuggling drugs" into Russia? It is quite possible that she never gave it another thought because what she was doing was legal here. Or not prosecuted. We aren't dealing with scholars here.

As for trading, we do it all the time, so what's the problem here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    We aren't dealing with scholars here. As for trading, we do it all the time, so what's the problem here?
    But we are dealing with international travelers who should know better...

Trades should be done when the results are in our favor...Ask the guy who often trades at gun shows......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Wow. Hard asses!

How do we know she was "smuggling drugs" into Russia? It is quite possible that she never gave it another thought because what she was doing was legal here. Or not prosecuted. We aren't dealing with scholars here.

She goes to Russia every year. She knew it would b illegal.

Same young lady that always avoided the national anthem and demanded that the flag and the anthem be removed.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It is illegal here, why would she not think to ask about Russia? Hell, I'm sure she didn't even have to ask, her handlers would have made it plain what is acceptable and is not.

It would be great if we can get her out, but not by granting any concessions to the enemy.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke