Thread: My Older Brother.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Unhappy My Older Brother.

I wasn't sure if I was going to post this or not. We weren't real close but we enjoyed fishing together and got to take a trip to Alaska in 2014 to see an old family friend and stay at his cabin and go fishing on the Kenai. In the back of my mind I was starting to plan another trip in 2024 to go fishing. I was hoping that he and his wife would come back up this summer and do some more fishing on Lake McConaughy.

I didn't want to bring up the subject but his wife has gotten the police reports and we discussed a bit about criminal law and civil law. I'm waiting to hear just what is going on. I drove back for the services and funeral. I stayed a few more days to help out his twin sister with things he would do for her.

Don't wait if there's something you want to do, you just never know.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/overlan...annon/40276453

https://porterfuneralhome.com/Obitua...lip_T._Shannon
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

That's terrible. Sorry for your loss.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

You have my deepest sympathy, Paul......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My sympathies as well. This has to be very hard for everyone.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Paul---I'm very sorry.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That is a loss, my friend. I liked the comments people who knew him made on the funeral announcement page.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead