Thread: "Pop Culture Princess"

"Pop Culture Princess"

I have to admit I don't watch Fox & Friends First but I stumbled across this video that I find both accurate and hilarious.

Fox News contributor David Webb ripped Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez as a "pop culture princess," after she called for the impeachment of several Supreme Court justices over the abortion ruling. Webb demanded AOC do her "job" on "Fox & Friends First" as fallout over the abortion ruling continues nationwide.

DAVID WEBB: Aren't you sick of being lectured by people who are pop culture princesses, which is what she is? She hasn't written a piece of legislation, passed a piece of legislation, yet she lectures America on how it should work. Do your job.
    Laugh Here
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I wish AOC was only the joke I think she is. Unfortunately she does have her own cult of wackos.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

She hasn't written a piece of legislation, passed a piece of legislation, yet she lectures America on how it should work. Do your job.
    I might be more worried if she actually did her job......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Here's another confession:

My wife and I turn the sound off when she comes on. I know it is sexist to say so but her voice makes her sound like a little kid to me. One thing you notice when the sound is off - she dresses very nicely. A lot of the time she goes for reds which, given her coloring, look good on her. She also favors simple, long line dresses. Don't know about her shoes.

That's about as much attention as I pay her.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I think it was 2T who used to say “pretty crazy “ when referring to those like AOC..

Unfortunately, she isn’t the only one in Congress who qualifies for the Crazy part..

Shoes huh?

I've never heard her speak.... and I'm glad I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I think it was 2T who used to say “pretty crazy “ when referring to those like AOC..

Unfortunately, she isn’t the only one in Congress who qualifies for the Crazy part..

Shoes huh?
    OK, this is stupid, but now that I've lost so much weight, I've actually begun to care about how I look. And I notice people on TV and what they are wearing. For example, Margaret Brennan on Face the Nation has some pants suits that are classic, simple but elegant, and she wears either gold shoes (with a white pant suit) or silver ones with a blue or red pantsuit. Stilettos. Al Roker is really bringing it with classy suits that are very well-tailored, waistcoat, a pocket watch with fob, all very traditional. Nate Burleson is usually in something clownish. And on CBS, the men often wear sneakers or soft shoes with their suits, which looks stupid. Savannah Guthrie needs to lose the Gucci belt she wears - a little off-putting. And her puffy short sleeves belong on a teenage pioneer girl. Most of the time she's OK, though. Hoda Kotb is usually dressed conservatively but makes excellent color choices. David Muir - kinda boring, blah. Lester Holt - traditional, man in the grey flannel suit stuff, boring. One guy for the Weather Channel wears the most ill-fitting, ugly suits. They look about four sizes too big and are usually loud. Norah O'Donnell on CBS Evening News looks as if she is posing all the time. Gail Williams has a lovely tulip dress and a very becoming yellow number she wears. Both Scott McFarlane and Jeff Glor on CBS spend money on their shirts - both have very nice texture and finish. Jeff Glor has expensively tailored suits that look good while he is seated, which is tough to do and shows his tailor knows how to fit him.

So yeah. Shoes.

Well---back to the subject at hand---rather than all this fashion stuff that Kevin is talking about and lack of legislation---which I actually think is a good thing in this case----I am going to offer a pithy comment in-lieu of all this trivia----da lady got a pair

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	38953

Boy----I hope 2T doesn't stop in----I'd be so embarrassed
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    --da lady got a pair
    Occasionally blind squirrels find coconuts......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah, AOC may be an attractive woman - which registers a zero for me politically.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    OK, this is stupid, but now that I've lost so much weight, I've actually begun to care about how I look.

So yeah. Shoes.
    Not stupid to care about how you look.. I wear old dress shirts (freshly laundered) and a clean pair of jeans or khakis when shopping for a major purchase.. looks do make a difference..

I was just busting your chops about the shoes..

I don’t notice TV news peoples clothes except when I believe them to be unprofessional.. the New York based women wear “hooker shoes” often.. remember David Lee Roth sang about sensible shoes..

We have several local sports and news women who buy clothing a size or two too small..

But we also have one weather woman who actually wears dresses in her size.. it’s noticed.. it’s professional..

On edit: mens suits.. what has happened to mens suits? In the 80s the Pee Wee Herman suit was a joke.. now it’s the style. Why is looking like a teen aged boy who is wearing his “pre growth spurt” clothes a desired look?
    Last edited by Sandman; 06-28-2022 at 07:28 AM.

On edit: mens suits.. what has happened to mens suits? In the 80s the Pee Wee Herman suit was a joke.. now it’s the style. Why is looking like a teen aged boy who is wearing his “pre growth spurt” clothes a desired look?
    I have my own fashion quandary: Why do so many people go out in public in sweatsuits who should not even own one? That is a bad dream turned into a nightmare

Just one more reason to avoid Walmart

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	38957
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-28-2022 at 09:16 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Oh, my eyes... I'll try and act like I did not see that, Dave.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Just one more reason to avoid Walmart
    AHHRRRGG!!...Quick pass me the mind bleach...Ban Dave!...Ban him I say!......Ben