Thread: Sometimes politicians exaggerate a little

Sometimes politicians exaggerate a little

Dave

Today is un-returnable !

His "attacker" was arrested today:

Gill was arrested on a felony charge of assault in the second degree in connection to the Sunday afternoon incident involving Giuliani at the ShopRite where Gill works, the New York Police Department said.

Prosecutors later downgraded the charges, and Gill was arraigned on Monday on misdemeanor charges of assault in the third degree, menacing in the third degree, and harassment in the second degree.
    Linky
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The "assault" seems overblown by any standards......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    The "assault" seems overblown by any standards......Ben
    It looks to me like what we would call assault by contact in Texas. It is a Class C misdemeanor, the same thing as a traffic ticket.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Oh------please-----we all know that rudy would never ever exaggerate anything----after all he knows of 8 million votes that got lost---he just doesn't know where they went----you da man rudy
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'd like to hear what the guy said to him after the pat on the back, otherwise it looks like total BS.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

On Statin Island the dudes only say one thing------YO BRO
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I like the way the linked article is headlined, "Courageous Giuliani..." What a guy...

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

A summary article from the NYT, we now know the important answer of what Mr Gill said to old rudy:

And yet even that Rudy Giuliani, the onetime Mafia-busting federal prosecutor, who had come to direct a combative rage at the serious business of thwarting democracy, would seem to have little in common with the man who this week chose to make an enemy not out of global drug traffickers, or the American ballot system, but rather a 39-year-old supermarket employee who didn’t like him.

Sign up for the New York Today Newsletter Each morning, get the latest on New York businesses, arts, sports, dining, style and more. Get it sent to your inbox.
    As if downgrading from a taste for Mortal Kombat X to Magic the Gathering, Mr. Giuliani was going after Daniel Gill, a ShopRite worker who the former mayor claimed had attacked him at a campaign rally for his son, Andrew, who made an unsuccessful bid to become the Republican nominee for governor. According to police reports, Mr. Gill called the former mayor “a scumbag” and apparently railed against his position on abortion. He was subsequently charged with second-degree assault and spent a night in police custody before a video emerged showing the assault as something more benign — a pat on the back. Mr. Gill was ultimately arraigned on misdemeanor counts.

Appearing on “The Daily Show With Trevor Noah” on Tuesday, Mayor Eric Adams weighed in, comparing his predecessor to the woman who had falsely accused a Black bird watcher of threatening her in Central Park two years ago. As he had earlier, the current occupant of City Hall claimed that Mr. Giuliani should be investigated for falsely reporting a crime. Unwilling to grab a thesaurus, the former mayor responded by calling the present one “a scumbag.” But even the conservative news anchor Greg Kelly questioned Mr. Giuliani’s account of events. “I gotta be honest,” he told him during an on-air interview, “it doesn’t look that bad.”

Mr. Giuliani, though, was not having it. Who knows what could have happened to him? — serious injury, maybe even death. He was old — “elderly,” in his own words — and apparently content with becoming the new face of fragility politics. That all of this went down on Staten Island — where voters overwhelmingly voted for Donald Trump twice — seemed to challenge his worldview in a way he could not reconcile. “I carried 85 percent of Staten Island,” Mr. Giuliani said of one of his mayoral elections during a news conference streamed on Facebook, as his head sunk into the collar of a white button-down shirt with wide horizontal stripes that seemed to say, “I once played rugby.”

...and on a lighter side in the same article, an event I had forgotten:

......in another turn unlikely to have won fans among practitioners of civility, Mr. Giuliani announced that he was leaving his wife, Donna Hanover, at a news conference in Bryant Park, having failed to tell her first. But really, what was to be done? Although he was running for the United States Senate, he was a man in love, someone who was putting politics “at least second,” he said to a stunned press corps, “maybe third, maybe fourth, somewhere else.” Soon he would drop out of a race that would land Hillary Clinton in office. Battling prostate cancer, he said that he would turn ‘‘more now than maybe I did before” to Judith Nathan, a nurse he met at an Upper East Side cigar bar, who would eventually become his third ex-wife.
    But old rudy has his progeny to depend on to carry the family colors---young andrew:

Andrew Giuliani failed in his first bid for election, coming in a distant second in a four-way race for governor after tethering his election to his father’s tarnished legacy and their closeness with former President Donald Trump.
    ...but how can you not love a guy that holds a press conference at "a Four Seasons"----next to a dildo store

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	230.6 KB 
ID:	38968
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 07-02-2022 at 02:25 PM.

that picture truly is worth a thousand words.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead