Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An automotive question...

An automotive question...

Is anyone else besides me dumb enough to wax and polish a truck in 96° weather with no cloud cover?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Is anyone else besides me dumb enough to wax and polish a truck in 96° weather with no cloud cover?......Ben
    Oh, I have faith in our brothers---surely I can't imagine that-----did ya get the burned on wax off yet

Remember-----rub on----rub off----in a hell of a hurry
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Remember-----rub on----rub off----in a hell of a hurry
    Don't worry, I watched a training video first......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Don't worry, I watched a training video first......Ben

Good thing
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I gave up waxing since the clear coat automotive finishes are so good these days. My 2013 F350 has never been exposed to wax other than what might be sprayed on at the carwash.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Good thing
    i was actually forced into this action by the many readers (both of them) of my blogs clamoring for an update article on progress of my Beast of Burden...Naturally I wouldn't want to embarrass them with photos of a dirty truck......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1563.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	38950

Do ya you got enough red things on the back of that beast?

Do ya you got enough red things on the back of that beast?
    I hate being unnoticed on a crowded highway......Ben

I hate being unnoticed on a crowded highway......Ben
    Well----NO PROBLEM on that score my friend----anyone behind you at night needs sun glasses

I stayed inside when the temp went over 100° but it's back down to 99° so I better go get at least the white paint polished......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I gave up waxing since the clear coat automotive finishes are so good these days. My 2013 F350 has never been exposed to wax other than what might be sprayed on at the carwash.
    Same here .....

readers (both of them) of my blogs clamoring for an update article on progress of my Beast of Burden...Naturally I wouldn't want to embarrass them with photos of a dirty truck......Ben

Wow that song is playing on my sonos as I type this...... Now I feel creeped out and bit dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Wow that song is playing on my sonos as I type this...... Now I feel creeped out and bit dirty
    Welcome to my world...Although my entire Rolling Stones library disappeared the same time as my ex-wife......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I bought my truck in the men's size, it won't fit through an automatic carwash......

Every vehicle I've owned for the past few decades has been waxed with Meguiar's...I just switched from their Gold Class to their Ultimate...My aluminum wheels get Mother's Mag Wheel polish followed by a coat of whatever Meguiar's I have on hand...Tires get Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel...I use Turtle Black Wax on my powder coated bumper and flatbed......Ben

Edit: Washing gets done by hand with only a bucket of clear water, a sponge and terrycloth towels...

Edit again: I noticed yesterday after polishing the first wheel with Mother's and following up with leftover Meguiar's Gold Class that the metal looked a bit cloudy...I repolished with Mother's and the bare metal is brilliant...I may try again with Meguiar's Ultimate when Jeff Bezos sees fit to deliver...

I bought my truck in the men's size, it won't fit through an automatic carwash......

Every vehicle I've owned for the past few decades has been waxed with Meguiar's...I just switched from their Gold Class to their Ultimate...My aluminum wheels get Mother's Mag Wheel polish followed by a coat of whatever Meguiar's I have on hand...Tires get Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel...I use Turtle Black Wax on my powder coated bumper and flatbed......Ben

Edit: Washing gets done by hand with only a bucket of clear water, a sponge and terrycloth towels...
    LMAO!!!

You have a lot more free time than I do.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke