Thread: I know I am not alone here...

I know I am not alone here...

Fans of "Lonesome Dove," rejoice!...The complete series, all six hours, on YouTube......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I read the book but haven't been able to work through the movie which is on Netflex.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I have it all on DVD. And the books which are even better.

Oh! When we purchased the little farm we made a decision not to rent pigs.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Oh! When we purchased the little farm we made a decision not to rent pigs.
    Good idea---nothing stinks worse than pig poop
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I think I remember watching that when it came out. But I'm always up for a good western or even a so so western. It's on Amazon but not free and I just set up my sisters TV for WiFi and YouTube TV, wonder if I can remember her password?
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    It's on Amazon but not free and I just set up my sisters TV for WiFi and YouTube TV, wonder if I can remember her password?
    Just watch it on YouTube, Paul...No charge and no ads......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yep, that's where I go to find movies too - YouTube. Over the years, the quality of their recordings have increased vastly.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

And new John Wayne movies added to the freebie list, including The Comancheros, and this one - his last......Ben

You haven't really experienced John Wayne until you hear him speaking Korean with a squeaky thin alto voice saying "안녕 파트너" or "annyeong pateuneo" ----"Howdy Partner"

YouTube has a nasty habit of pulling the freebie movies off the list before I finish them...I'm watching the last of the Rathbone/Bruce "Sherlock Holmes" series now, titled "The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes"...This is the second of the fourteen films...I watched them out of sequence since that's how I found them...I intend to watch the new JW additions before they get the ax also...

So many movies, so little time......Ben

I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.
    ^^^^^...Woodrow F. Call...

JB Books said:
    “I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them.”
    I love westerns......Ben

And this one just showed up...My favorite movie of all time...I've watched it hundreds of times......Ben

As I recall John Wayne, an American hero, was a guy to look up to.

One of the few mistakes he made was claiming, in interviews, that he never shot anyone in the back. Yet, he did do that in 2 films. Perhaps in some way, he also had a heroic persona that even he favored.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead