Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ta heck with AR15s n’ Roe v Wade and all that stuff

Ta heck with AR15s n’ Roe v Wade and all that stuff

Downtown Abby, the movie 2022 is on tonight.

Now we can relax and enjoy something good and not worry about the state of the world for a couple of hours.

BTW, wife is really doing great, she’s in good spirits, they think they got it all, we’ll know more after the post op visit in a week or so.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    ......BTW, wife is really doing great, she’s in good spirits, they think they got it all, we’ll know more after the post op visit in a week or so.
    Excellent news!!!!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

BTW, wife is really doing great, she’s in good spirits, they think they got it all, we’ll know more after the post op visit in a week or so.
    Excellent news, Dave...

Now who is Downtown Abby, and what does she look like?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Sounds like you got a great plan! Glad to hear the good news.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post

Now who is Downtown Abby, and what does she look like?......Ben
    We did a Sea Cloud cruise in 2014 that was supposed to include a day visit/tour to Downton Abby but they had to cancel our visit because they were shooting that day. We had to play golf instead, damn, I was disappointed.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Nice. Sea Cloud cruises are legendary.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Nice. Sea Cloud cruises are legendary.

Hunter
    We've done eight of them, two on Sea Cloud and 6 on Sea Cloud II.

Believe me they are better than the brochure says they are.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Good news!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Downtown Abby, the movie 2022 is on tonight.

excellent!

now as to downtown abby....i've never watched it the little i watch of tv, (streaming what ever) i look for light comical entertainment. been watching rowan and martin's laugh in lately (yup that's olderish tv). might have to give downtown abby a try as the gf is interested.
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    excellent!

now as to downtown abby....i've never watched it the little i watch of tv, (streaming what ever) i look for light comical entertainment. been watching rowan and martin's laugh in lately (yup that's olderish tv). might have to give downtown abby a try as the gf is interested.
    My Dad was arrested with Dan Rowan at Sebring for trying to steal the goodyear blimp......... Ahh the 60's and coors light

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    My Dad was arrested with Dan Rowan at Sebring for trying to steal the goodyear blimp......... Ahh the 60's and coors light
    Damn! If I had to be arrested, I'd love to be able to say it was with Dan Rowan!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Great news about Ms FD..

Ben.. watch a couple of scenes with Ma-Mar and you will be sold..

Is this the “South of France” vacation?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Ben.. watch a couple of scenes with Ma-Mar and you will be sold..
    Couple of scenes of what?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Couple of scenes of what?......Ben
    Not what, who….

It’s an extremely well Done upscale soap opera.. an English estate, the Gentry upstairs and servants downstairs.. 1900-1935? The family is saved by the head guy marrying an American heiress.. (Ma-Mar , Mama in gringo).

Worth watching when PBS reruns it.. best watched from the beginning, or as close to as possible… we picked it up in season four and then caught the first three seasons during “beg-a-thons.

Earlier seasons are better, IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    It’s an extremely well Done upscale soap opera..
    Does it have a name, or do I randomly search YouTube like a blind squirrel hunting his breakfast?...I have no idea what you're talking about, Joe......Ben