Thread: Next Up After Louie Ghomert Leaves Office

Next Up After Louie Ghomert Leaves Office

On Wednesday I had a hearing in probate court to be officially appointed as the administrator of my deceased daughter's estate. That's not particularly news worthy, but the court date had an unexpected twist.

Louie Ghomert, my very "eccentric", some may say "crazy" congressman who is not running for re-election in November will undoubtedly be replaced by Republican candidate Nathaniel Moran.

Nathaniel Moran was the judge at my hearing Wednesday.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I hope he is more "grounded" than loony louie
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I hope he is more "grounded" than loony louie
    From what I have read and heard he seems to be what we would expect from a good conservative Republican. He is not a part of Trump's cult.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    From what I have read and heard he seems to be what we would expect from a good conservative Republican. He is not a part of Trump's cult.
    Well----that is a good start
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

There is a pretty good article in the Washington Post about him. It starts off about Moran and then skips around a bit in the middle but there is more about Moran after that.

I'm afraid that I am not welcome by the WP

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I'm afraid that I am not welcome by the WP
    That's odd, they let me read it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

There is a brand-new ConservoMeter widget that the WP uses. Not many know about it. It checks voting records via the Dominion voting machines.

The article's headline says it all, "Some far-right members are being replaced by traditional conservatives." I like it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    The article's headline says it all, "Some far-right members are being replaced by traditional conservatives." I like it.

Hunter
    I like it a lot!