Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roe v. Wade is Done

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    .....Am I missing something?.....
    Nope, I think you nailed it!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I think people are being brought up in a furor, solely for political purposes. The court did not outlaw abortions. They made it the individual states responsibility to regulate them. Those that are pro abortion, will continue to vote for pro abortion candidates. Those that are against abortion will continue to vote for pro life candidates. The Philbos of the world will continue to not care about anything. I really do not see how this changes how someone will vote.
    In my opinion, a single issue voter is a fool, and easily fooled and whipped into a fury.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I think people are being brought up in a furor, solely for political purposes. The court did not outlaw abortions. They made it the individual states responsibility to regulate them. Those that are pro abortion, will continue to vote for pro abortion candidates. Those that are against abortion will continue to vote for pro life candidates. The Philbos of the world will continue to not care about anything. I really do not see how this changes how someone will vote.
    In my opinion, a single issue voter is a fool, and easily fooled and whipped into a fury.
    All valid points.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    ...a single issue voter is a fool...
    When our friend nails something, it stays nailed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    How is the state’s rights decision going to “ripple”?.. will it overflow into other areas.?

I foresee the possibility of a major midterm reaction to Roe being overturned.. there could be enough upset voters to have major shake ups in the current balance.

I don't know how it cannot shake things up but I dunno if it will be at the midterms. I predict more interest in the 2024 election. I think the midterms are pretty much baked right now - inflation is going to be the issue this time around. Something like overturning Roe needs time to build a groundswell if it is going to happen. The midterms are just too close.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I don't know how it cannot shake things up but I dunno if it will be at the midterms. I predict more interest in the 2024 election. I think the midterms are pretty much baked right now - inflation is going to be the issue this time around. Something like overturning Roe needs time to build a groundswell if it is going to happen. The midterms are just too close.
    Surely you're not hoping an argument over the right to abortion will aid the Democrats staying in power.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I don't think it's a coincidence that our political system is under extreme pressure while our economy is headed into a recession. Having said that, our nation survived the Great Depression and two world wars. And, we came out of those three major social upheavals strong.

It's as though our people are being tested, along with everything our Founding Fathers created. This is an extraordinary time in our history.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead