Thread: Darwin Attempt in Philbo's neck o the world

Darwin Attempt in Philbo's neck o the world

lets go hiking near Phoenix mid day during the summer

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ariz-rcna35128
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Happens all the time. People are idiots. Most of them tourist who can't read the signs at the trailheads warning them not to hike in the summer.

Two of the most popular trial in town are closed when it gets hot and they have to station rangers to prevent people from ignoring the closure.

"Kristin Livingston, one of the hikers with the group, said the hike had been intended to be a "spiritual" challenge for the group."
    - NBC News

Yeah, almost dying is about as spiritual as one can get.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It's the first responders that the closures benefit the most ...

Back in the day I hiked that park on the south side of Phoenix. It's actually pretty nice. It was in February so heat wasn't a problem. But the damn coyotes scared the hell out of me. They were lurking all around and howling.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yesterday was around 112. If someone is not used to it, they are even more likely to succumb to the intense heat. I agree with Utah. They just about how the most intense unintentional religious experience of their former lives.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Years ago I went on a twenty minute nature walk in Tucson.. had a small cooler of water in the truck.. after only twenty minutes, the cold, Costco brand water was some of the best water that I have ever had..

I may have to go to Phoenix on family business this fall.. will stop in New Mexico and buy several “Costco bales” of water ( Costco sells things in bales, toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, socks)
    Learned last trip to cover inside of camper windows with aluminum foil.. will bring all white golf shirts and t shirts.. and sombreros..

Just too hot..

Phoenix cousin claims that everyone in Phoenix is in witness protection and can’t leave ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Phoenix cousin claims that everyone in Phoenix is in witness protection and can’t leave ..
    Phillbo has to wear an ankle monitor, but conjugal visits and campaign speeches get him a weekend pass......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Since Phoenix is the 5th most populous city in the USA, 1.7 million people probably know what they're doing.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Had the same problem at the Grand Canyon. Would get hikers from Germany that would argue about it and they were fun. I would explain how it was different than hiking in the Alps, like you don't start at the top of the mountain and then have to hike up. Your not hiking into the heat and then back out. There's not much water except at the bottom. A rock can roll to the bottom but can't crawl back out.

I had one group of 4 that were determined to do it. So I took out four squares of scrap paper and handed one to each and asked them to write down their names and who they would want contacted, what they thought they would be wearing and what trail they were planning on doing. I then ask them to leave them on the dash of their rental car because it would make my friends job easier when they did they search. I then wished them luck and let them know I would be inside with air-conditioning, drink beer and playing on the internet and hoped that enjoyed their hike. Before they left I could see them in a huddle talking.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Phillbo has to wear an ankle monitor, but conjugal visits and campaign speeches get him a weekend pass......Ben
    I pried that thing off years ago..... Got in the way of the conjugal visits.... Don't ask , can't be described on here.

I may have to go to Phoenix on family business this fall.. will stop in New Mexico and buy several “Costco bales” of water
    We have Costco in Arizona too....

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Since Phoenix is the 5th most populous city in the USA, 1.7 million people probably know what they're doing.

Hunter
    I think you overestimate the experience of our newer desert rats.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

Years ago I went on a twenty minute nature walk in Tucson.. had a small cooler of water in the truck.. after only twenty minutes, the cold, Costco brand water was some of the best water that I have ever had..

I may have to go to Phoenix on family business this fall.. will stop in New Mexico and buy several “Costco bales” of water ( Costco sells things in bales, toilet paper, paper towels, bottled water, socks)
    Learned last trip to cover inside of camper windows with aluminum foil.. will bring all white golf shirts and t shirts.. and sombreros..

Just too hot..

get a roll of Reflectix it beats the snot out of aluminum foil.
    https://www.acehardware.com/departme...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"