Thread: New Ear Phone / Bud Hybrid

New Ear Phone / Bud Hybrid

Prior to buying the new tractor which has Bluetooth/AM/FM/Weather radio, I was looking for something to wear on my ears for music on the old tractor. I already had all sorts of earphones and earbuds of all descriptions and methods of connecting. When on the tractor I used 3M Worktunes which provide hearing protection and AM/FM and Bluetooth. I've been using them for years and have worn out a set, or two. No real complaints other than they are not too comfortable after a while and get damn hot in the sun.

What I really wanted was a set of ear buds that were connected so I couldn't lose one while mowing or whatever. I now have a few sets, none of which sound too great.

Then, I came across a fraudulent, scam advertisement for Bose ear buds that were connected and you couldn't loose just one. Perfect thought I until my research showed Bose didn't make such a thing. But it did lead to a new Bose product called the "Bose Sport Open Earbuds". A totally new concept in which there is no cup over the ear and nothing protruding into the ear. These simply hang over the ear and direct sound into the ear without anyone else being able to hear it while you can hear everything around you. I am wearing them now and can hear the keyboard clicks while listening to Strauss waltzes. One thing I have found lacking in ear buds in the past is the quality of the bass. These have good bass.

While they are a bit pricey at $199, they are better than anything I have ever used for listening to music while still being aware of my surroundings. They have a 90 day money back guarantee if you don't like them so you have nothing to loose by trying them. They also feature free two day shipping.

I really like them and think I am becoming addicted.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'll have to take a look at those, Mike. So far, I've not found a way to get decent bass and treble with earbuds.

My best headphones are fully enclosed Audio-Technica's. In my research thus far, good headphones are $250 and above. The companies making headphones do seem to get them to a higher quality level every year (which I am looking forward to).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I forgot to post the link to the Bose Sport Open Earbuds.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Bose makes great products.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Bose makes great products.
    Wacojoe will scorch the Earth if he reads that......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I was thinking that before I posted the thread. Maybe it will bring him back just to post a rant about how much he hates them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I was thinking that before I posted the thread. Maybe it will bring him back just to post a rant about how much he hates them.
    I must have missed all of that. We have a Bose surround sound system and it is wonderful. I also have a Bose outdoor speaker that runs off of Bluetooth that we can put out by the pool and it sounds awesome.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I converted all my Bose speakers to Sonos.....

Sonos are also very very good products.

Our members have excellent taste in sonic equipment.

Personally, I think having a good surround sound system significantly improves whatever I'm watching.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

When I was still working I would from time to time have a load of Bose equipment from a warehouse in Phoenix or Yuma. It was the only time I was meet with an armed guard right off a Marines poster at a delivery other than the military. They were always a high value load and had rigid rules in what we were required to do.

I bought a set of Sony Studio Monitor headphones when I was working and felt somewhat rich. I would use them in the terminals and truck stops and even in the RV park so I could crank it up and not disturb the neighbors.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    ...I could crank it up and not disturb the neighbors.
    I do the same thing. I lost some hearing in the Army and I need to crack up the volume without disturbing Wifey.

Hunter

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Our members have excellent taste in sonic equipment.

Personally, I think having a good surround sound system significantly improves whatever I'm watching.

Hunter
    There are two schools of thought on this..

One, the view that you express.. I wholeheartedly agree.. have a surround sound system in the bedroom (and one in the family room) it just adds so much. But as we age, we all loose some of our hearing and equalizing the surround sound helps off set it a little.

Second, opinion.. never done that before.. why try it now.. yikes! Something new, run away.

Crutchfield sold me on theatre sound.. I stopped at their showroom in Charlottesville x30 years ago.. they had a theatre sound demo room that just sounded awesome.. it was setup with nice high end family room furniture.. the room just shook (in a good way, Lion King DVD was playing).. to make their point about sound, the tv was a 13 inch portable..

Sold me..

Before I lost my hearing almost completely and had to go to to hearing aids I used Sennheiser headphones.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Yep, I got into my first good home sound system about 30 years ago, too.

Hunter