Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh Liz.......

I have been working for open primaries for years in Pennsylvania, but still no luck.
    As an independent I am locked out of the primaries.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, that's why I'm a RINO - so I can vote in the primaries. That's critical in a one-party state. 'Cause once a candidate of the majority party gets on the ballot, there's an 80% chance they'll be elected.

From what I've read in our SLC Tribune newspaper, Utah has more RINO's than most other states. People are simply manipulating the existing system to meet their political needs.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

On a local basis, that is the same situation here---but it is moving. Twenty years ago, a Democrat was fighting a mostly impossible uphill battle but the field has leveled somewhat.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, that's why I'm a RINO - so I can vote in the primaries. That's critical in a one-party state. 'Cause once a candidate of the majority party gets on the ballot, there's an 80% chance they'll be elected.

Hunter
    Smart maneuvering.. it’s the only way that you will have any input is by voting in “the” primary..

We just went through a bombardment of political ads for the DC primary , whomever wins the democratic primary will win th election.. Democratic primary is only real vote a DC resident has..

DC did have a Republican Councilwoman once, 20-30 years ago..

We have come full circle on this one, my friends. In many ways, our political apostasy balances out nationwide.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

It's that way in Nebraska, the primaries are along party lines but I still vote, turning the state purple one vote at a time. I waited around last fall to vote and when I went in they looked at their list an announced Democrat and I said proud of it.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson