Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Liz.......

Oh Liz.......

Now she's stooping really low. She is sending out mailers to Democrats urging them to change their party affiliation to vote for her. Disgraceful.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Now she's stooping really low. She is sending out mailers to Democrats urging them to change their party affiliation to vote for her. Disgraceful.
    Not disgraceful at all-----what is disgraceful is all the ignorant rinos that won't vote for her because they are still sucking down trump's koolaid---that is disgraceful
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I think we've had enough gaming the system. Play it straight and let the chips fall. Being hated by all the right people is a victory in itself.

All these contortions to stay employed as a politician are unseemly. We've seen plenty of problems with politicians more interested in staying in office than serving their constituents. There seems to be an abundance of them these days.

Kevin I completely agree with you. And Dave if you look up the definition of rino in the dictionary right to the side of that will be a picture of Liz Cheney
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

What's disgraceful? It's a political campaign and getting voters to vote for you is the name of the game. Unless she is slinging mud or lying, I see nothing at all wrong with that.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What's disgraceful? It's a political campaign and getting voters to vote for you is the name of the game. Unless she is slinging mud or lying, I see nothing at all wrong with that.
    It's pretty disgraceful to me when you are trying to get the other party to vote for you only to get elected. Tells you a lot about the person.

It's pretty disgraceful to me when you are trying to get the other party to vote for you only to get elected. Tells you a lot about the person.
    BS! Every candidate in history has tried to get voters to switch to their side. The only thing it says about the person is that they want to win the election.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

We'll just have to disagree. When your own party won't support you and you feel like your own party can't I let you why in the world would you go to the other party knowing your party doesn't support you. It's just to get reelected it's just because they can't live without the power.

Leave the party, you have that contorted. Ms Cheney is a Republican, she hasn't changed, the rinos changed, therein is the true shame.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

We'll just have to disagree. When your own party won't support you and you feel like your own party can't I let you why in the world would you go to the other party knowing your party doesn't support you. It's just to get reelected it's just because they can't live without the power.
    I spent the last 40 years working for elected officials. Three of them to be precise. We worked like hell to get the boss re-elected because we believed in him and we wanted to keep our jobs. If talking to potential voters at their homes and outside polling places and encouraging them to vote for our elected official is disgraceful then I am guilty as hell and damned proud of it. BTW, we won every election! It's a damn shame we should be embarrassed when we are not in the least embarrassed.

Not to belabor this post anymore because obviously there are different opinions. Mike the actions you took are clearly what politics is all about go out and get your person elected. Sounds like y'all did a good job. I just don't think what Liz is doing is the same thing.

Not to belabor this post anymore because obviously there are different opinions. Mike the actions you took are clearly what politics is all about go out and get your person elected. Sounds like y'all did a good job. I just don't think what Liz is doing is the same thing.
    We are not connecting some place. Sometimes that is hard to do in this format. I'm certain we would reach a mutual understanding if we were face to face because I respect you and your opinions and I know you do mine. So, I bid you good night!

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    We have open primaries.. a voter may vote in either primary, but only one and only once.

If I were a Wyoming Democrat and knew in my heart that there was no way of winning an election, I can see changing parties and voting in the primary for a sane republican vs let a conspiracy theorist get the nomination (and assured election)..

Nothing wrong with what she is doing..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    We have open primaries.. a voter may vote in either primary, but only one and only once.
    Same in Texas.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Same in Texas.....
    Same in California, regardless of party I will vote for the candidate that I feel will best represent ME not the damn party line.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"