Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Human cost

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Agree with the first part.. we can not start locking former presidents up...
    Maybe we can banish them to remote islands like the British exiling Napoleon Bonaparte to Elba, and again to St. Helena......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Maybe we can banish them to remote islands like the British exiling Napoleon Bonaparte to Elba, and again to St. Helena......Ben
    From what I understand the Epstein had some islands that interested presidents
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    He wont be locked up, because if he is, it will put any future president, or politico under a microscope when the opposite party comes into power.
    Remember that there is a lot of legitimate evidence that Biden has also been involved some serious malfeasance. It would make him a particularly easy target, if Trump is prosecuted.
    While I doubt trump will ever go to jail, I believe he should, simply based on the seriousness of his crime. Call his actions seditionist or insurrectionist, it matters not, he encouraged people to rebel against the government of the United States----they hung John Brown for less
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Welllllll,

Sorta.

Brown was convicted of murdering four people, inciting a slave insurrection and treason. Any one of this carried the death penalty. He personally involved in the murder of five men at the Pottawatomie Massacre. Trump never had that sort of balls. Moreover, Brown did all his deeds in service to what he considered a higher goal - abolition of slavery. Trump has no higher goal than his own ego. Maybe his wallet. Sort of a tossup there.

I doubt Trump himself will ever face charges. He gets people to do stuff for him but keeps his own hands clean enough to avoid direct responsibility. He's a user, not a doer.

No doubt he learned his craft well as a New York City real estate guy. As crooked as it gets.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    All I care is that Trump is not the Republican candidate for president. What happens to him otherwise doesn't really concern me.
    Oh but I hope he is, he's very good at getting the Democrat's to vote.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson