Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Human cost

RUSTY BOWERS:

Well, as others in the videos have mentioned, we received, my secretaries would say, in excess of 20,000 emails and tens of thousands of voicemails and texts which saturated our offices. And we were unable to work, at least communicate, that at home, up till even recently, it is the new pattern or a pattern in our lives to worry what will happen on Saturdays because we have various groups come by and they have had video panel trucks with videos of me proclaiming me to be a pedophile and a pervert and a corrupt politician and blaring loudspeakers in my neighborhood and leaving literature both on my property, and — but arguing and threatening with neighbors and with myself.

And I don't know if I should name groups, but there was a — one gentleman that had the three bars on his chest. And he had a pistol and was threatening my neighbor. Not with the pistol, but just vocally. When I saw the gun, I knew I had to get close. And at the same time, on some of these we had a daughter who is gravely ill, who is upset by what was happening outside. And my wife that is a valiant person, very, very strong, quiet, very strong woman. So it was disturbing. It was disturbing.
    You don't get the power of this testimony from the transcript. Mr. Bowers was titanically angry while recounting this. His jaw was clenched and I thought he could chew nails and spit rust he was so mad. He choked up on the last three sentences and could not finish. He was profoundly upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think, Mike, you are missing something.
    Nope not missing anything. I agree that it is important for the facts to come out, and I agree that the more people who hear the facts the better off everyone is. I'm just not going to waste my time listening to political rhetoric when I already know the dude is dirty and I believe he should be executed for sedition. All watching the television drama does is make me angry and I already have enough anger for a lifetime. So, let's get it on and put the dude on trial. Then, execute him. He has to go for America to heal. Healing is going to be a long, drawn-out process. It's liable to take a generation, or two. You know how those Confederate battle flags keep popping up everywhere 157 years later? Trump flags will do the same. They should be banned. Or, maybe classify them as weapons of mass destruction and regulate them under the NFA. Make anyone who wants one apply and pay the $200 tax to own one the same way they do machine guns and suppressors.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I yearn for the day that we don't have to talk about Trump anymore.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

As do I.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I watched a portion of Rusty Bowers on a rerun around midnight.. the “color commentary “ on PBS described him as a very conservative, very honest, very fair person..

Rusty Bowers did not deserve to be treated and threatened as he was by people who had been “on his team” a week before.. for being honest and upholding his oath.

So much of today’s violent politics does not pass the “what then” test ie: people in Georgia rush into grandma’s house to make a citizens arrest.. if the “citizens” did find their prey and arrested him, what next?

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I yearn for the day that we don't have to talk about Trump anymore.
    I yearn for the day that trump has no pulpit---and no freedom

Only then will I allow him and his evilness "free passage".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

All I care is that Trump is not the Republican candidate for president. What happens to him otherwise doesn't really concern me.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

trump needs to be the example to show anyone else who gets thoughts like this ----it's a damn bad idea. Lock his orange ass up---along with all his worthless lapdogs.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I see a double-edged sword. If we let Trump slide it will encourage others to emulate him. If we prosecute him to the fullest extent he deserves we are likely to have riots and probably cases of domestic terrorism. His disciples will not take it without retaliation. Either way, he has screwed us and he will laugh about it for the rest of his smarmy life.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Sometimes you have to lance the boil rather than let it fester and poison the blood stream.

Oh, I like the festering boil analogy. For, it fits.

Personally, I think #45 is all about the money. If he is not incarcerated and keeps most of the money he's collected, he'll consider his life a success. And, as long as he's not in office, we get something out of it too. It's a win-win situation.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'll argue it is not a win-win as long as trump can continue to attack the very fabric of this nation through his unending lies and inciting his cult to do his bidding.

As long as he walks free, he will remain a pox on the entire country.

I can see that too, Dave. Where we differ is where it all ends. I hope, and expect, that the next national election cycle will flatten these issues. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my hat (yeah, I don't know why anyone would eat a hat, it's just an old saying).

Hunter

He wont be locked up, because if he is, it will put any future president, or politico under a microscope when the opposite party comes into power.
    Remember that there is a lot of legitimate evidence that Biden has also been involved some serious malfeasance. It would make him a particularly easy target, if Trump is prosecuted.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    He wont be locked up, because if he is, it will put any future president, or politico under a microscope when the opposite party comes into power.
    Remember that there is a lot of legitimate evidence that Biden has also been involved some serious malfeasance. It would make him a particularly easy target, if Trump is prosecuted.
    Agree with the first part.. we can not start locking former presidents up..

Second part.. sounds like radio/tv talk show entertainers.. maybe Biden kid has been up to no good..