Thread: I lost a thread

I lost a thread

So----I'll take an alternate route to the same end.

Mike had talked about the Texas State rino convention and some of their "adopted planks". The most troubling (of more than a few others) was the claim that Biden was not the President and supporting trump's big lie.

Maybe I am overly concerned about this---but I really do not think so. This continual erosion of faith in our institutions, without a thread of evidence is creating long term damage to our democracy. trump is not going to tell the truth---ever---and this will simply continue to fester. I am amazed that so many people hold fast to this fantasy, as if it were gospel. This is not a protect Biden issue, I could care less about that----this is a protect our democracy concern.

I fear we will not endure if this is not stopped, and to stop it trump has to be stopped. I move increasingly toward locking the SOB up and ending this phony play. If not, we invite a tragedy.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It bothers me too, especially being in my own state......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

This is the kind of trash this rhetoric attracts

This half whit should be locked up, not voted for

The SOB is nuts. kimberly guilfoyle only puts the icing on the cake.

Then I read this in the NYT this morning:

WASHINGTON — The United States attorney general, Merrick Garland, is making an unannounced trip to Ukraine on Tuesday to discuss the prosecution of Russians for war crimes, according to his spokesman.

Mr. Garland plans to meet with Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Iryna Venediktova, “to discuss U.S. and international efforts to help Ukraine identify, apprehend and prosecute those individuals involved in war crimes and other atrocities in Ukraine,” the spokesman, Anthony D. Coley, said in an email.
    Not to minimize the issues in Ukraine----but while you are at it Mr AJ---how about more focus on the real treat to the America

...and then this sentiment:

“Every Republican should denounce this sick and dangerous ad from Eric Greitens,” Barbara Comstock, a former Republican congresswoman from Virginia, said on Monday. “This is just a taste of the ‘clear and present danger’ that Judge Luttig talked about last week.”
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-21-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

WIth about 1/3 of potential voters still supporting #45, we're nearing the end soon.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead