Thread: Transgender Swimmers Banned From World Competition

Transgender Swimmers Banned From World Competition

Finally, one governing organization has made a common sense ruling on transgender sports.

Swimming's world governing body has voted to effectively ban transgender athletes from competing in women's elite races.

FINA will explore establishing an "open" category for them in some events as part of its new policy.

The new policy was passed with a roughly 71% majority after it was put to the members of 152 national federations with voting rights who had gathered for the congress at the Puskas Arena.
    Dive In
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

About time someone took a stand......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I always wondered if Caitlyn, ne Bruce, Jenner got to play from the ladies tees.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

I like it. This is one of the few social/sexual areas where I take a Conservative stance. In most sports, I believe females and males should compete separately.

It will be interesting to watch as this issue works its way up through the courts. Within the next few years, I think we'll see it hit SCOTUS.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    I always wondered if Caitlyn, ne Bruce, Jenner got to play from the ladies tees.
    That gave me a laugh, but I seem to remember It came out opposed to transgenders playing women's sports.

Okay, found a source!

Jenner said it’s unfair for transgender women such as Thomas to compete in women’s sports.
    Poke, or not, HERE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm willing to bet the NCAA will not follow suit.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    I'm willing to bet the NCAA will not follow suit.
    I'll take that bet with the caveat that it will take 3 years for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'll take that bet with the caveat that it will take 3 years for it to happen.
    You may be right but remember the college presidents basically run the NCAA and I believe there are more wokesters among academia. But I do hope you're right.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Of course we must remember that the NCAA as we know it may not be around for too much longer. The FBS teams are likely to form a new alliance.

IMHO, as a group, many of these transgendered athletes seem to have a distinct advantage that is hard to ignore. Any of these governing organizations, that are truly interested in fairness, have to make changes. To take a stand to ban "open" competition, does not deny anyone's equal rights but rather restores equal rights.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I like it. This is one of the few social/sexual areas where I take a Conservative stance. In most sports, I believe females and males should compete separately.

It will be interesting to watch as this issue works its way up through the courts. Within the next few years, I think we'll see it hit SCOTUS.

Hunter
    Agree..

I’m a kinda “do whatever makes you happy (without violating basic public decency)” person..

Note: Basic Public Decency…. Buttless chaps are not allowed in a Pride parade because they are not allowed in any parade, even parades of one person.

I am impressed our members are heading in the same direction on this issue.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead