Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is serious stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Not much.. Tucker & Sean & Laura sure can spin a good yarn but just too much spin and not enough fact checking.

I think CNN may be cleaning up their act a little under the new bosses.

Their all (all news outlets) spin doctors..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2100352.html
    I agree. But some of them are so far to one side or the other that they're not worth paying any attention to. And PBS in my opinion is one of those.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The hearings on PBS were just showing the live coverage, no commentary.. was some scary stuff..

The first pitch link was just to illustrate that the Fox spin is now into their sports coverage.. I expect “selective” editing when watching ancient aliens.. but not a MLB game..

PBS has some great mysteries and Sunday nights are usually great shows..we receive 10 channels of PBS (3 are kids shows and one is en español)..

Everyone has a view and that we should be respected even though we might not disagree. In my mind PBS is nothing more than a bastion of left-wing liberal politics at its core. But I do make an exception because I really enjoy antique roadshow.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

When I'm looking for raw, "unspun" news, I go to Reuters, the Associated Press or UPI. Please don't tell me that they are just as bad as CNN and FOX.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

For the most part I don't avoid left or right "leaning" sources, I am comfortable that I can filter out the spin---the NYT is an example as is the WSJ (to a lesser degree). I avoid fox, cnn and msnbc----they are beyond leaning and it simply is too much work to try to pick the fly chit out of their pepper

Like Mike, I tend to pick Reuters, AP, and UPI out of a Google return. I try to always read multiple sources for important stories to try to get a balance. Stories that get posted here from the bozo sources don't even get my attention unless I find them on the "normal" sources.

I do less and less viewing and more and more reading.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I've also noticed Reuters and the wire services present more of the facts and less spin......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    If a topic is really “hot” I will check the foreign press also.

Yeah, you'd think Americans would avoid British news 'cause their papers seem to be made of vapor. What's going on is the Brits have very different libel laws regarding what's openly broadcast vs print. So, yeah, I pay attention when the Brits do news of the world.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, you'd think Americans would avoid British news 'cause their papers seem to be made of vapor. What's going on is the Brits have very different libel laws regarding what's openly broadcast vs print. So, yeah, I pay attention when the Brits do news of the world.

Hunter
    BBC News, Reuters, AP are what I go to to Vet the BS found on the other sources. and I never watch any of the talking heads even on websites. I have no TV, killed it off over a dozen years ago.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

It might sound strange but when we were heavy into the Iraq craziness I used Al Jazeera as a check point---I gained a level of respect for them--not blindly. I also check the BBC for European news input.

I also still read Der Spiegel, both for news and to goose my German retention.

BTW my friends----the next hearing is at 1 this afternoon (6/21).
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Everyone should listen to the testimony just given to the Committee by Arizona Speaker of the House Rusty Bowers. It is people with the character of Mr. Bowers that give me a glimmer of hope in this troubled institution. IV---I implore you to listen to these hearings and the testimony given by REPUBLICANS.

I am profoundly ashamed and at the same time mad as hell-----what have we come to when the POTUS and his collected goon squads can bring terror down on an old lady that had no connection to anything? All as a result of trumps unending lies----and he doesn't give one chit.

I want to see trump whine and cry like jimmy baker when they lead the POS off to jail

He has deeply wounded this country, I pray that we can recover.

The next hearing is on Thursday.

I find that the two ladies so vilified by the likes of scum master giuliani have fought back, and are winning, with more to come I hope.

Go getem ladies

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I pray that we can recover.
    As do I, my friend. And, we can do more during our next election cycle.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I watch Fox Entertainment and FS1 until NASCAR goes to ABC.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson