Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republican commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote

Republican commission refuses to certify New Mexico primary vote

GOP claims without evidence Dominion voting machines cannot be trusted, delaying results in rural Otero county
    The chit continues.

Added in edit:

One of this so called commission is also an insurrectionists who was part of the mob attacking the capital.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-16-2022 at 06:58 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

let them do a hand recount and then when the results don't change slap a mechanics lien on all the officials personal assets that demanded it to reimburse the government for the associated costs
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

There is a reason I don't vote= Sh!t Show....

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Did by chance their candidate lose?

Fortunately, it looks like the state's Supreme Court will intervene. And, that court's result could go to SCOTUS if necessary.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Did by chance their candidate lose?
    I'm not sure that is clear at this point
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

and the State Supreme Court did step in

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...ults-rcna34219
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

IMHO.. Unfortunately what we just witnessed in New Mexico is a symptom.. there is still a real problem.

A large number of people still believe that there was massive voter irregularities in 2020 and that the irregularities continue to go on. Just last week I heard a comment about recent news that was following with a comment that the continuing voter fraud must be stopped. When I asked for specifics, I was answered with a vague “you know, all of the illegals that are allowed to vote” (we have the opposite issue here, our illegals hide, don’t call the police when assaulted and don’t go to the hospital).
    The person making the “irregularities “ statement was an otherwise educated person (in Brokers office).

So, there is still alot of conspiracy theories out there.

You are right on and it is a very real danger to the future of our democracy.

"In a 2-1 vote, the Republican-led commission certified the county's results from its June 7 primary. One of the commissioners, Vickie Marquardt, said she voted to certify over fears of criminal charges and possible jail time."
    - NBC News

I like the result, but not the reasons that led to it. It should not take criminal charges or the threat of jail time to cause commissioners to do their job.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I'm not sure a court should have the power to order a commission to certify an election.

I would probably refuse the order just out of defiance.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm not sure a court should have the power to order a commission to certify an election.

I would probably refuse the order just out of defiance.
    I agree.. except ,as I read the story, the commission did not have specific, correctable issues to investigate.. just vague finger pointing at Dominion voting machines.

And there are paper ballots as a fail safe if a recount is required

The end result of all of this is that 2 of the 3 commissioners voted to approve, one voted against.

More important than his vote is his "reasoning" for his vote:

Commissioner Couy Griffin was the lone dissenting vote, but acknowledged that he had no basis for questioning the results of the election. He dialed in to the meeting because he was in Washington, D.C., where hours before he had been sentenced for entering restricted U.S. Capitol grounds during the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection.

“My vote to remain a ‘no’ isn’t based on any evidence. It’s not based on any facts,” Griffin said, nevertheless requesting a hand recount of ballots. “It’s only based on my gut feeling and my own intuition.”
    Really----is that the new standard of how we "manage" elections?

In Mr. Griffin's defense, he is a nut burger. How much can you realistically expect from someone who denies the reality of the world around him and creates his own? I think he is doing well just to be able to hold a job. Lighten up, man! Even the seriously deluded need representation in a pluralistic society.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Even the seriously deluded need representation in a pluralistic society.
    I have no problem with that----but that does not mean they should represent anyone other than themselves