Thread: "Constitutional mischief"

"Constitutional mischief"

---this was sobering as well as insightful. I'm gaining an upward revision to my opinion of Mike Pence. We clearly have many good people in our government who sincerely want to do the right thing.

I also continue to see trump as an intellectual midget. This is a trait I have seen in other bullies, they mask their shortcomings by their loud rhetoric----in this case he did not have the intelligence to choose the good advice over self serving bad advice---he got used by people cultivating their own "patch". trump will never change, but he will get his just reward.

John Eastman needs to move his office to a jail cell. Maybe he could bunk with rudy giuliani.

Another player that I am impressed with is trump's former lawyer, Eric Herschmann. He is my kind of lawyer
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ---I also continue to see trump as an intellectual midget.
    There's no doubt about that one......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Two of the better moments

First is Judge Luttig, followed by Eric Herschmann.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

VP Pence stood his ground - which changed my opinion of him to a positive one. If the mob had gained access to him, he may have been killed. And, his wife and daughter were also endangered.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I had a poor opinion of Pence during his time as VP, simply because he seemed to be a "willow in the wind" WRTo trump and his conduct.

There is a point that being a "good soldier" is surpassed by being a "principled person". IMHO, Pence spent far too much time past that line for 4 years. However, I give him credit for stepping back across that line in Jan 6th. If I were him, I would be honored by trump labeling him as a wimp and pussy.

Pence stood tall when it most counted, something trump would not ever imagine doing, simply because the man is without principles.

Certainly, yesterday's hearing showed that many good people surrounded both Pence and trump. Thank the Lord, that Pence had the good sense to listen to the good ones and for that I honor him.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    One disadvantage of getting old is that many others around you are getting old, and retiring.. my doctor, dentist, barber and broker..

While “broker shopping “ we interviewed several candidates that seemed like a great fit for our open position.. but when discussions turned Uber serious we detected a fates flaw in the candidate.

I believe something like the above happened to Pence but it was too late for him to back out of the deal.. but being a professional politician Pence figured that he could ride out four years.

After the “stolen election “.. Pence was asking to cross a line that was well beyond “just riding “ it out.. and the honest person inside the professional politician “went Popeye”.. “That’s all I can stand, I can’t stand no more!”..

He did the right thing..

Yes, it is an excellent point to make that many good people stood up for Democracy when the chips were down. We honor them by remembering them.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead