Thread: A tasty wine

A tasty wine

....my SIL often buys wine and spirits on his travels. Recently our middle son had the family over for dinner (he is a chef). Our SIL brought wine----the tails of which were sent home with us. One proved particularly easy drinking, Three Thieves Pinot Noir.

That is the good news, the bad news is that in our archaic liquor laws in PA---it is not available. However, for those of you living in more enlightened areas I would recommend this as an incredible value.

Unlike his norm, which tends to the top shelf (after all he did end up with my daughter ) I found this in NY at an incredibly low price of $8.99!

Wine Enthusiasts rates this as a Best Buy.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'll be adding the Wine Enthusiast to my background/checks in the future. Yeah, our state liquor stores jack up the prices, but most of that money goes to our school system.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I love a good Shiraz with a meal but wine gives me a headache......

Why is wine giving me a headache?
    Tannins. Grape skins also contain plant chemicals called tannins, which help give wine its flavor. Tannins also prompt your body to release serotonin, which may cause headaches in some people.Sep 16, 2020
    I know a lot of people that share that problem but luckily I am not one of them. Maybe try white wine instead

The old standard of white wine with seafood and red with meat is bogus and is ignored these days. Drink what you like
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

For me it’s estate bottled from the Charles Shaw vineyards

AKA two buck chuck
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

I have to admit we are completely and utterly spoiled here in Livermore

https://www.lvwine.org/wineries.php
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Yeah, some people (Wifey included) get headaches or feel bad after drinking wine.

Utah is not known for its wineries. When I was a child in CA, "house" wines sold for $1 a gallon.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Yeah, some people (Wifey included) get headaches or feel bad after drinking wine.

Utah is not known for its wineries. When I was a child in CA, "house" wines sold for $1 a gallon.

Hunter
    ah yes the gallon jugs of Carlo Rossi or Gallo....
    I remember Spanada jugs or as we called it SpinYada because you had the spins after drinking it. Or at Passover Maneshewitz ...ack thankfully the days of bad wine are behind us
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post

The old standard of white wine with seafood and red with meat is bogus and is ignored these days. Drink what you like
    I don't like white wine. Does not have the deep flavor of a red.

I would normally select a red over a white but I can enjoy both as long as they are dry.

I have a fondness for Blush wines - which wine officiates hate. They think a wine must be red or white. I just know what I like.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I have a fondness for Blush wines - which wine officiates hate. They think a wine must be red or white. I just know what I like.

Hunter
    as it should be. It is your palate not theirs