Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next liar stand up!

Next liar stand up!

No wonder trump likes his anointed Walker so much---they have core things in common

Is it just me or is GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker just out here saying things and hoping no one finds out they’re not true? It’s like he believes the internet comes with some kind of Google-blocking option that kicks in every time he decides to tell a lie.

This is a man who falsely claimed he graduated from the University of Georgia—and then falsely claimed that he didn’t falsely claim to have graduated from the University of Georgia. He also claimed to be valedictorian at a high school that had no valedictorians until well after he graduated.

He also claimed to be the founder of a charity for veterans and—nope, he wasn’t.

His claims of business success have been contradicted by court records. Health products he’s promoted have been proven to be faulty to the point where he had to admit they weren’t backed by medical science. Hell, this man claimed he knew of some magic mist one could spray in a doorway that would “clean you from COVID as you walk through.”

Now, the GOP’s new favorite Black friend is out here claiming he was once in law enforcement—which, of course, he never was.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Sounds like stuff Biden has said.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I think we are all in favor of honest politicians but I can guarantee that no Georgia resident, Democrat or Republican, voting in a race where Herschel Walker is a candidate gives a hoot about his puffery. He is Herschel Walker and he is Georgia football and in Georgia, football is a religion.

Special case.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think we are all in favor of honest politicians but I can guarantee that no Georgia resident, Democrat or Republican, voting in a race where Herschel Walker is a candidate gives a hoot about his puffery. He is Herschel Walker and he is Georgia football and in Georgia, football is a religion.

Special case.
    I think you nailed that one buddy!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Special case.
    Yup!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

At least he hasn’t claimed to be a NASCAR driver………….yet
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

You may well be correct Kevin, after all this is the land of MTG---they seem to have an affinity for trash. As I say that I am, reminded that a majority of them had the good sense to not vote for trump---so all is not lost.

As to Walker, voting for people of this ilk does not make it wise or even acceptable. If we continue to elect these kinds of unethical, unprincipled representatives we will get exactly what they stand for----nothing.

We invite the end of this grand experiment in government----and it will be exactly what we deserve.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

You want to see trash take a little trip down to Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    You want to see trash take a little trip down to Philly.
    I don't think any of us want to see trash, it just keeps getting thrust upon us, because nobody decent wants the job......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I don't think any of us want to see trash, it just keeps getting thrust upon us, because nobody decent wants the job......Ben
    I think there is a whole lot of truth in that Ben----and it is with good reason.

Update, in the news today.

Walker, who has been critical of absentee dads fessed up that he is one himself. He has a 10 year old son who he does not see. What a guy

But---being a trump anointed rino I am sure the cult will soon defend/excuse the indefensible/inexcusable---out of blind support, profound ignorance and lack of any moral compass After all, he did play football
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-15-2022 at 10:27 AM.

Or it could be that they can forgive him for a failing. Kind of like all Christians are called to do.

My sister-in-law's procedure was moved up to today. I don't know if she will live or die. But what has been going through my mind is forgiveness and how we all need it and those who transgress the most need it the most. Forgiveness embodies faith, hope and charity all in one concept. Charity in the Latin sense of caritas or love even for those that are hard to love. Hope that the person can change. Faith that God will forgive us in our turn and just as His forgiveness of us is unmerited, so should we freely give forgiveness to others.

Forgiveness has been on my mind a lot today.

Or it could be that they can forgive him for a failing. Kind of like all Christians are called to do.

My sister-in-law's procedure was moved up to today. I don't know if she will live or die. But what has been going through my mind is forgiveness and how we all need it and those who transgress the most need it the most. Forgiveness embodies faith, hope and charity all in one concept. Charity in the Latin sense of caritas or love even for those that are hard to love. Hope that the person can change. Faith that God will forgive us in our turn and just as His forgiveness of us is unmerited, so should we freely give forgiveness to others.

Forgiveness has been on my mind a lot today.
    Understood Kevin-----and I try to follow that model of forgiveness, but for me, to earn my forgiveness someone must seek redemption. As an example, I have no forgiveness for trump and his lies. He isn't seeking forgiveness for those lies, he doesn't see his lies as any kind of moral short coming. Frankly, trump is without morals.

I have read nothing regarding Walker that indicates he has "confessed" his lies and asked for forgiveness. IMHO that puts him on the same compost pile as trump.

In the meantime, I will add your sister-in-law and your family to my prayer list.

I see your point, Kevin...And I thank you for offering more food for thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...to earn my forgiveness someone must seek redemption. As an example, I have no forgiveness for trump and his lies. He isn't seeking forgiveness for those lies, he doesn't see his lies as any kind of moral short coming. Frankly, trump is without morals.
    Could it be that the operative component in "forgiveness" is "give?"...Does forgiveness necessarily have to be earned or sought before it can or should be given?...

This is one of the many qualities of this discussion board that has kept me here all these years...Among all the opinions offered, I can often find a nugget to ponder......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Could it be that the operative component in "forgiveness" is "give?"...Does forgiveness necessarily have to be earned or sought before it can or should be given?...
    Sought no. Earned---maybe a better choice is deserved.

Our courts recognize this in sentencing. In an absence of remorse you will likely get hammered by the judge. Demonstrate remorse and you will likely be given some leniency. I don't believe that is alien to our Judeo-Christian traditions.

Let me give you an example, that for whatever reason just popped into my mind----trump's boasting about grabbing women by their privates. Why would anyone be inclined to forgive trump for that while he fails entirely to see that it is a complete denial of the very personhood of those ladies. To extend forgiveness to trump, with no remorse on the part of trump, in my mind is an added insult to those ladies that he molested.

Here is another more clear example (does not pertain to trump)-----possibly if we had not been doing so damn much unwarranted and undeserved "forgiveness" of pedophiles there would have been countless young children unmolested.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-15-2022 at 02:52 PM.