Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 31 idiots

31 idiots

If one hates a group,, in this case gays and their gay pride celebration, why does 31 people from all over want to show up in riot gear. Glad someone saw something and called the police.

If you don't like it stay home and complain.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I loved how they were caught. Apparently, someone saw all these heavily armed men getting into a U-Haul. Yeah, that's not suspicious.

A U-Haul pulls into a gas station. The driver walks in and orders 31 coffees, one dozen Little Debbie pies, 14 packs of Twinkies, and a 5 cases of ammo. The storekeeper says "I'm in a joke, right?"

Birds of a feather, get arrested together......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I loved how they were caught. Apparently, someone saw all these heavily armed men getting into a U-Haul. Yeah, that's not suspicious.

A U-Haul pulls into a gas station. The driver walks in and orders 31 coffees, one dozen Little Debbie pies, 14 packs of Twinkies, and a 5 cases of ammo. The storekeeper says "I'm in a joke, right?"
    The good news is that the sum total of the IQ's in that U-Haul would likely not add to one good idiot

This reminded me of a Grand Prix race at Watkins Glenn back in the 60's. A U-Haul pulled in to set up camp not far from us---and opened the door. It was a sad collection of staggering kids, both boys and girls. The good news is that most stayed passed out most of the weekend. However, one young lady was determined to significantly reduce the libido quotient of the group. She stayed mostly in the back of the U-Haul and could be heard, most any time, calling out: "who's got me now?"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    She stayed mostly in the back of the U-Haul and could be heard, most any time, calling out: "who's got me now?"
    Was the U-Haul big enough to take everyone to the free clinic?...And was anyone sober enough to drive it?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Was the U-Haul big enough to take everyone to the free clinic?...And was anyone sober enough to drive it?......Ben
    The Grand Prix was a hot bed of extreme debauchery. I watched in passive interest one day while a couple tried to gain the position to pleasurer each other orally. Unable to gain that much control of their bodies as they lay on the grass (I think they were holding on to the grass to not fall off the earth) they took a simplified approach and appeared to be moving to one at a time event. Just prior to reaching an equitable position the dude tossed his cookies on the intended target----and then---did a face plant in it.

I could tell stories all night about the goings on at the Glenn

Probably the most impressive vehicle---a Gray Hound Bus, which they took through the "bog", eventually getting it hopelessly stuck and set it on fire.

And low and behold---Google has immortalized the bog!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Oh, Lord have mercy! I remember The Bog. We lived about an hour north of the Glen in those years. I never understood the desire for mayhem, violence and destruction that The Bog unleashed, but I watched it anyways. Different days.

I raced my Merlyn MK6a at the Glen in I believe it was 1995, came 3rd.
    Fun course, couldn't quite get the hang of it in one weekend though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merlyn (Small).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	38918
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

By 95 the track had changed dramatically from the early Grand Prix days shown here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	38919

The entire "boot" area was added in 1971. The old Chicane was a challenge. You approached it going down hill after the front straight and had to manage the right hand turn going into it. If you slowed too much you could not come out of it at speed. Eventually they made an alternative route which greatly simplified it.

Depends on what you mean by "early days". The original route was right through the center of town and then way out into the country. Kind of a fun drive - our car club did it a few years ago.

There was a chicane like the “Bus stop” at Spa, I didn’t like it and I never got tuned into the boot. We had raced at Lime Rock the weekend before and I liked that course much better, came 1st in class there.
    Those were the only races I did east of the Rockies.
    In 1977 and 1978 I did a three day driving school in BMWs at the Nurburgring, now that was a race track!
    I have been around Spa but it was in a tour bus. Still awesome though just to imagine doing it at speed.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    There was a chicane like the “Bus stop” at Spa, I didn’t like it and I never got tuned into the boot. We had raced at Lime Rock the weekend before and I liked that course much better, came 1st in class there.
    Those were the only races I did east of the Rockies.
    In 1977 and 1978 I did a three day driving school in BMWs at the Nurburgring, now that was a race track!
    I have been around Spa but it was in a tour bus. Still awesome though just to imagine doing it at speed.
    I always wanted to drive a lap on the Nürburgring but for some reason never got around to it. I did make one lap on the Indy 500

Lime Rock was always a fun track to run. AMG has a driving school there this weekend. I don't think they would let me play with my S Class

My last race was at Thunderhill Raceway in 2012 in this car. I won that one at age 78 then sold the car and quit for good.

Name:	31738515-6B02-478D-8616-445D649E6FF2.jpeg 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	38920
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    My last race was at Thunderhill Raceway in 2012 in this car. I won that one at age 78 then sold the car and quit for good.

Name:	31738515-6B02-478D-8616-445D649E6FF2.jpeg 
Size:	193.7 KB 
ID:	38920
    Excellent, good for you

Is that a Formula Atlantic?

Formula B
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !