Thread: trump does not deserve

trump does not deserve

....you IV

I believe that you are a genuinely good guy who in the purest sense loves this country and all it stands for.

It angers me that trump has converted those admirable traits of you and many like you to his own fraudulent purpose. This is the worst case of deceit and conversion of faith of the American public that has ever taken place.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

According to the committee:

Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), who is taking the lead on this hearing, started her opening statement by saying Trump "knowingly" relied on false claims that there was widespread election fraud to dupe his supporters into believing the 2020 election was stolen—something he knew was incorrect.

"Mr. Trump's closest advisers knew it. Mr. Trump knew it," Lofgren said.

The committee also revealed that Trump’s “official election defense fund"—which raised $250 million for a Political Action Committee created after his loss—didn’t actually exist. It was instead a marketing ploy to redirect money to other entities that enriched those closest to him.
    Not bad for a chumpster out of office.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

The fat Lady has not sung the last chorus yet .

I'll wait a bit before I accept the end of the circus .

I seam to remember a Trump Russia tale that was not quite as truthful as it was supposed to be .

I might also add , no matter the eventual outcome , I'll still be here for all y'all to correct .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

The deflation of the Russia story came as a result of a government investigation.

That's what is playing out right now and Trump doesn't look good as a result. At some point, the facts become too much to discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The deflation of the Russia story came as a result of a government investigation.
    I may be wrong Kev , But, the same group that screamed Russia , Russia for two years are some of the people who are now screaming It's Trumps fault .

With nothing else to occupy my time , I'll just await the final result .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

You must have missed the entire proceedings today - the people who are testifying about Trump's actions are his own staff. All the committee is doing is making their words public.

Trump's own staff testified under oath that the money sent for "election defense" was not used for that. Trump's own staff told him that every conspiracy theory about election fraud was bull-sh_it. Trump's own staff told him he lost the election. Republican election lawyers told him that the election wasn't even close. Trump's own Attorney General told him that they ran down all the fraud claims and found nothing.

This isn't the Democrats claiming Trump is a POS. This is his own staff, in their own words, telling us that the claims of election fraud were nonsense, that they informed Trump of this over and over, that he chose to ignore them and push a lie and fund raise off that lie, leading to a riot on January 6.

A bit off topic but has anyone here read Disloyal by Cohen?

Did you believe his description of Trump?
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

I read it, but I couldn't help wondering what type of person sees Trump doing all that stuff and still happily works for him?

I thought Mary Trump's book was better.

Similar moralities ?
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

That's what is playing out right now and Trump doesn't look good as a result. At some point, the facts become too much to discount.
    And the people who were responsible for it, and trying to manipulate the election were not held accountable.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry

What on earth does that have to do with whether Trump tried to overturn this election?

whataboutism: The technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    Similar moralities ?

Mary's account was more about how Trump became a sociopathic personality. Cohen's was about the day to day functioning. I found Cohen's account more lurid but Mary's more informative, but I enjoy poking into the origins of things.

I am impressed our friend IV responded to a thread upstairs about his political choice. He has not hidden on political issues - taking them head-on.

Do I agree with him, yes - sometimes I do. Politically, he's my opposite, yet I consider him to be a friend. This forum will lose a strong voice if he left us.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead