Thread: Increasingly I see suggestions that Biden should not seek a second term

Increasingly I see suggestions that Biden should not seek a second term

....which probably is a good thing. I await the next chapter of that plot----who might be the nominee? Obviously, I expect VP Harris to be the "logical" successor---but I think she is a nonstarter.

I suggest if they have any hope of winning Berney, Warren and the AOC crowd have to be courted while they are moved into the same "pen" as Harris.

Unless the rinos pull their heads out, his could be the best chance of a moderate being elected

That said, the realists in me is thinking about Paul Ryan---once again!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'd like to see Biden not run again. He just isn't up to the job. He ran on a return to competence but he has made many blunders that belie that promise. Events seem to control him - he is reactive. He completely missed the significance of the baby food issue. He botched the withdrawal from Afghanistan. He did a good job on forming an alliance to oppose Russia, though.

I don't think he is the only person that could have formed that alliance, though, so for me, he's used up his credits.

Paul Ryan wants to put Social Security benefits at the whims of Wall Street and make Medicare a voucher system. Both ideas would impoverish older Americans, so I'm not in favor of him at all.

Biden not running again is a no-brainer, no pun intended.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'm looking for a way to focus my political support for a candidate - but cannot find one at this point.

It looked to me like DeSantis would do, but then he jumped on the Let's Punish Disney train. Killing an economic engine in Florida tells me that he doesn't understand business. So, I'll be tracing who my friends here suggest we follow.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'm looking for a way to focus my political support for a candidate - but cannot find one at this point.

It looked to me like DeSantis would do, but then he jumped on the Let's Punish Disney train. Killing an economic engine in Florida tells me that he doesn't understand business. So, I'll be tracing who my friends here suggest we follow.

Hunter
    When you find someone who's willing to run that's worthy of the office please let me know!
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I'll try to do that, my friend.

I'm not optimistic about the outcome. For, Wifey and I just voted in our state election. Simply put, we voted against the incumbents because we need new blood.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Just hope he makes it to the end of his term.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Just hope he makes it to the end of his term.
    Ain't that the truth
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Paul Ryan wants to put Social Security benefits at the whims of Wall Street and make Medicare a voucher system. Both ideas would impoverish older Americans, so I'm not in favor of him at all.
    He's a no vote for me.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Blue74 View Post
    He's a no vote for me.
    It is only whimsy in any event, and I have no idea how his thinking might have changed since he is out of the political cesspool. I am reasonably sure that he is ethical and more than functionally intelligent. Those two traits raise him well above the political masses, and probably limit his willingness to reenter politics.

I'm O.K. if Biden goes. But, what I don't want to see, is a replacement that makes our economic situation worse. We are facing huge personal losses if our economy tanks.

We're ready to move on politically - who will step up to lead us?

Hunter