Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sweet

Sweet

Apparently, there is a rescue operation going on at the M&M factory in Elizabethtown, PA. Two people fell into a vat of chocolate. No injuries were reported.

Reminds me of one of my favorite movies, Strange Brew, when one of the McKenzie brothers fell into a vat of beer. He was also unharmed.

"Oh, man! I gotta take a leak so bad I can taste it!"

Attachment 38883

WOW----they got them out but not sure of their condition. I worked in the plant when they started it. We built a power house with all the bells and whistles. It was a great experience for me.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Willy Wonka strikes again
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

They are probably still alive because the chocolate is heated just enough to be less viscous, but is not overheated enough to ruin the flavor.

Yeah, I'm struggling not to be silly with this one. For, this is one of the times we can celebrate life and not the loss of it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..

I just checked and there is still no word on these guys condition. They were only waist deep in chocolate (no---I'm not going there!) but they had to cut a hole in the tank to get them out. Both were taken to hospital, one via ambulance and the other by medivac.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I worked with Tommy Smothers son back in 1986
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Eric,
    You have great stories..

I worked with Larry Doby’s daughter..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Eric,
    You have great stories..

I worked with Larry Doby’s daughter..
    I have some really good ones but the Statute of Limitations has not run out yet.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    I worked with Tommy Smothers son back in 1986
    I shared a pit space at Laguna Seca with Tommy in 1965. While we were racing different cars we kinda hit it off and hung out the whole weekend. His wife was especially nice, a real down to earth lady. No airs at all.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    I shared a pit space at Laguna Seca with Tommy in 1965. While we were racing different cars we kinda hit it off and hung out the whole weekend. His wife was especially nice, a real down to earth lady. No airs at all.

That would have been about the same time as my mothers friend Estelle Sherman was racing for Austin Healey. Some years later I got to drive her Austin Healy 3000 off track we had a blast. I also knew Linda (blonde) that raced for Ferrari against her.

I had a 59 Austin Healy 100sixMM, the model just before the 3000. It was my first sports car and the first car I had bought new. It was the 4 seater version since we had a 2year old son. I made a baby bed in the rear seat area.
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Was at Summit Point in the early 70s.. Paul Newman yelled at me.. to get out of the way..

Had a TR-4 back then.. had to manually prime the fuel pump to get it to start in cold weather.. had a surprise snow storm while I was at work, drove home without the top, only the tonneau..

I had an Uncle who raced/built cars in Sacramento. As a child, I saw Buddy Baker compete and win against him.

It was the 50's, and things were wonderful then.

Sure, we're way off topic - yet here we are, making the most of it. I like it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

......... It was the 4 seater version ......
    That might have worked to convince your wife it was a good buy----but for those of us that had one of those "4 seaters" (the 3000 was the same) we know better!