Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I regard tonight as important not only to me but to the entire country

Good food for thought there, Kevin......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

On point:

“Tonight, I say this to my Republican colleagues who are defending the indefensible: There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain.”
    Liz Cheney

I am ashamed of what once was the Good Old Party----they have lost both their grandeur and their way
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-10-2022 at 08:13 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Republican In Name Only----which effectively describes the trash currently masquerading as Republicans----both in office and their confused followers.
    Always wondered what that meant. Makes sense...

As evidenced by the lack of honesty in the first show. The hearings as I figured are nothing but a dem show.

The videos shown of the Capitol were edited to remove the showing of the MURDERED women. If the hearings were to inform the public then they have already lost me.

You may have your own opinions but , you cannot have your own altered facts to prove your point.

I will continue to watch to see if there is an improvement in the show but , I doubt it will happen.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

No women were murdered. You don't think it is at all ironic to talk about others relying on altered facts when doing that very thing?

Ashli Babbitt - died storming the barricades. Death investigated and determined to be lawful and in defense of others. **** happens when you are part of a violent mob. By definition, not murder.

Rosanne Boyland - died of acute drug intoxication, as determined later by the DC medical examiner. Again, by definition, not murder.

And because the first of seven scheduled hearings doesn't include your pet peeve or take a perspective not warranted by verified facts, you give yourself permission to disregard anything else that might be said? That is pretty convenient. Almost as if you were looking to rationalize a decision.

Why waste your time with watching IV----you will just end up having to make up more excuses to discard the inconvenient facts.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

When you shoot an unarmed 110 pound woman going away from you , I call it murder . Death investigated by Who ?. Those that shot her . Riiight , I'm sure they were real through .

I also find it very strange that Boyland was cremated before any questions could be asked .

But , since both Dave and Kev have made up their minds , it seams rather pointless to bother with any facts other than what a one sided panel puts out .

Perhaps y'all could find Epps and ask him who he has dirty pictures of . Otherwise why is he not being investigated .

I'll still await the final outcome and if needed will apologize to all .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Back to the conspiracy theories, IV? The DC medical examiner determined that Boyland died of an overdose of amphetamine. That is fact.

More conspiracy theories about Epps, I see. Now he has dirty pictures of someone in power to protect himself from some prosecution you think he should be undergoing? Where do you get this stuff? There is no evidence that Epps went into the Capitol, so rather than him having incriminating pictures, it is more likely that there is insufficient evidence to charge him with anything.

One shot was fired at Ashli Babbitt as she attempted to lead a violent mob into the Capitol, hitting her left shoulder/neck. She was trying to climb forward through a door where the glass had been broken out. She then fell backwards. The official investigation found no reason for criminal prosecution. You can read about it here: https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/d...-ashli-babbitt

If you want to see the video itself of her falling backwards after being shot, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9gNn9SuZuc Unless you can produce contrary evidence, all you have is a conspiracy theory.

I don't know where you get this stuff, IV, but easily obtainable evidence shows you are consistently wrong with all these conspiracy theories. You had a lot of them about the conduct of the election, with ballot stuffing and Sharpie pens and such, now you have them about the January 6 riot. If I've made up my mind, it has at least been made up by publicly available and verifiable facts, not a lot of conspiracy theories about dirty pictures or people shot in the back.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Local news here.. one woman died of a drug overdose and one was shot trying to enter a room through a broken door window..

Numerous LEOs have died as a result.. even more LEOs have been disabled..

There were some officers assaulted at the Capitol who later took their own lives. Their spouses have talked about how humiliated they were on Jan 6th. The people they were hired to protect attacked them. They couldn't get past that.

I may not be able to justify seeing hope in this situation, but I will continue to believe our citizens can still learn and grow.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Why waste your time with watching

Best quote of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Best quote of the day
    It is if you made up your mind one way or the other.

I'm sure IV would not fire if someone was breaking into his house like this mob was doing. He wouldn't want to try to stop anyone when there's other members to protect in his house.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

After thinking about the hearing for a couple of days I am convinced it is nothing more than political grandstanding with little thought given to justice. I am disappointed but not surprised as this is the state of our political system. There were terrible crimes committed here and justice needs to take front row, not political sniping. If that is all they are going to do, let's just shut the whole thing down and find something else point fingers at.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    If I had any inkling that the committee was doing this for a noble reason instead of political grandstanding I would be more interested. The department of Justice is entirely capable of prosecuting culpable individuals.
    I think Tom's point is valid...Leave the investigating to trained investigators who will present their findings for a grand jury to determine if any and what charges will be brought against whom...All I've seen is politicians looking for votes to stay in power, and press hounds looking for a another way to grab headlines and attention...

I'm with Mike - get serious or shut it down and quit wasting my dollars......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I don't believe this is intended to replace DOJ investigations. The committee has referred some cases to the DOJ, some acted on, some not acted on. I have no problem with that.