Thread: Ukraine and the Russian Generals

Ukraine and the Russian Generals

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Apparently generals in the Russian army are not near as important or used in the same capacity as those in the United States else they would not be falling like flies.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Always aim for the guy wearing the biggest hat...That was proven on Okinawa...
    Buckner had arrived with his standard three stars showing on the front of his steel helmet and a nearby Marine outpost sent a signal to Buckner's position stating that they could clearly see the general's three stars on his helmet.
    ...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

My reading indicates the number of generals (12 per Ukraine's count) taken out is being aided by the number of lower echelon officers already killed and the generals have to lead actions which they would normally not do.

The two reportedly killed in this action were leading an offense in the Donbas and, at least by one account, were taken out during the same attack by Ukraine---aided by US intel.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

From what I've seen on the web, upper-level Russian military personnel feel pressured to be near the Front to prove their value and military commitment. And, Ukrainians are taking advantage of this situation to take them out.

The USA and its allies are getting to Putin - as evidenced by his demotion of surviving military leaders. Russia's economy has been halved since the war started.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead