Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow we missed out

Wow we missed out

Making a generalization of the age of most of the posters here we just don't know how bad we missed out. Can you imagine how entertained we would have been in elementary school if we had been able to watch drag shows. That would have been so entertaining.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I didn’t get to watch anything except the teacher in elementary school.. on the occasion that I did watch something else, I have a divot in my head (big medal on the end of nun’s rosary) to show for it..

Had an older cousin (assumed gay) who moved across the River to Greenwich Village to live with”his little friend”.. got yelled at, at a family event, for staring at said cousins feet.. trying to figure out/ see him being “light in his loafers”.

Drag shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Drag shows?
    Yep even as we speak.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Not being glued to the news media I have no idea what is going on....

10-4

what you talking about Willis?
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I'm sorry I just thought everybody might know that that's a trend in many areas of the country. It's at an higher peak during The Pride celebration.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gary_coleman-300x450.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	38865

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Yeah, the Queens in drag don't necessarily represent Gays.

For example, I know a few Bears who consider themselves as unique and as outliers to other Gay men.

In my opinion, the Gay community is not as solid as it used to be. Even in SF's Castro District, a handful of Gay bars have recently closed. Simply put, Gays don't seem to have the need to coalesce for safety and support as they once did. They needed each other more when they were regularly ostracised in communities. However, that does not mean they want to roll back the clock. My Gay friends readily talk about how they've become more politically and socially comfortatle in the last few decades.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The event as reported in the Washington Examiner (unabashed panderers of the rabid right) is also reported by the local Lancaster paper in a less salacious manner.

I found that the link to the Washington Examiner was the first on the list from Google--I'm not sure why.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 06-03-2022 at 03:24 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Not sure what side of "across the pond" Dr Duke was refering to. But I did see he's sponsered by everyone's friend, the my pillow guy , old Mike.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The event as reported in the Washington Examiner (unabashed panderers of the rabid right) is also reported by the local Lancaster paper in a less salacious manner.

I found that the link to the Washington Examiner was the first on the list from Google--I'm not sure why.
    So you're in favor of exposing children in elementary school to this?

Further, do you think that the "rabid right"are the only people that find this disgusting?