Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow we missed out

What is the opposite of salacious?
    Opposite of having a strong lustful desire. frigid. undersexed. clean. decent.
    I didn't say it talk to google.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    So you're in favor of exposing children in elementary school to this?
    That is simply ignorant----who said elementary school?
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That is simply ignorant----who said elementary school?
    I'm a lot of things Dave but ignorant is not one of them. But thanks for the personal attack. I've been trying to avoid those as of late.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Really---since I mostly ignore you I hadn't noticed and even if you were you made up for it with that comment.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Well, now that two of my friends agree the other has flaws, we'll simply recognize that exposing our children to Drag Shows could be problematic.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

one of the headlines in something I read mentioned elementary schools. It looked like a rag not a "newspaper" I'm not going to try and find it.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    So you're in favor of exposing children in elementary school to this?
    And they live in little bubbles and are never exposed to the rest of the population? Maybe it's better that they know what's going on than hoping that mom and dad is going to explain it to them.
    Retired April 17, 2019
    Back to driving October 12, 2022
    Damn Credit Card
    Life’s too short to drink cheep booze and argue with stupid people.” Mickey Thompson

Turn off the TV propaganda!!

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    When I was in the sixth grade the common derogatory name to call someone was a queer.. after awhile the name calling got out of hand and all the sixth grade boys got sat down and received a serious azz chewing.

All of the boys had to go across the street to the church and the priest gave us a stern talking to.. he explained why we shouldn’t call each other queers.. why we shouldn’t call anyone queers.. he explained in detail why it was wrong and hurtful..

We didn’t have a clue about what he was talking about, not a clue.. Hormones were just starting to flow but girls still had cooties some of the time and the explanation of what a queer really was made zero sense..

The next day was worse, a few guys had high school brothers who tried to explain things that evening and the stories that were carried back were so fouled up we were even more confused..

By eighth grade our hormones had fully rushed, we really liked girls and now understood what the priests “talking to” was about..

When I see news stories about elementary school kids making decisions about being Trans or gender identity, I think back to sixth grade when it was all thrown in my face and I was totally dumbfounded..

When Dad put me to work in the family restaurant at age 12 we had to openly gay cooks, one anglo one hispanic they were damn good at their jobs. They never bothered me and I really didn't care. I worked alongside them in the kitchen and in the prep area. I have had gay and lesbian teachers that were awesome and I have had hetero teachers that were sadistic a holes. I learned a long time ago that sexual orientation is immaterial its whether you are a good person or a bad one that counts. If you treat people honestly and with respect that's all that matters to me.

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

When I was in High School in Cupertino California, I remember reading a newspaper article about David Bowie. It was about his androgyny and possible homosexual issues. I did not understand it all. Upon further thought, I decided that in a homosexual relationship, one of the men just had to assume a dominant position over a submissive partner. Looking back at it, I was merely trying to mentally force gayness into a stereotypical man/woman role.

By the time I was 20, I'd decided that gay men probably wanted to have sex with me - a classic narcissistic assumption. Then, I found out some of my male friends were gay. While mentally reviewing our shared history, it became apparent to me they were normal functional adults, but with different sexual needs than I had. Over the next several years I learned that our sexual desires and identity are unique to each of us. And, it had nothing to do with our friendship.

It's humorous to me that now, in this day and age, discussing homosexuality is hardly provocative at all. For, there are so many possibilities way beyond that label (e.g., trans, bi, etc.). If we were to say to a person on the street "I'm straight" - they'd probably respond, with "So, why are you telling me this?" For, it wouldn't necessarily attach to how we interact with each other.

Oh, by the way, Lola by the Kinks was classic for me, though I had no idea at the time what the song was about.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I support gay rights. I supported gay marriage. I have several gay members in my extended family. I don't support sexual indoctrination of any type with children of tender age in elementary School. It's really not that complicated.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

In high school, I sang in a band and hence, knew all the lyrics to Lola and had no clue what it was about. Kind of the poster boy for "oblivious".

Yeah of course, I had no idea that Freddy Mercury and Elton John were gay. I don't know if have any deficits from not realizing that. They're both amazing performers.

Well, I had to go look up the lyrics of a song I've listened to for somewhere around 50 years and never noticed what it was about.

As stated in The Kinks: The Official Biography, Ray Davies wrote the lyrics after their manager got drunk at a club and started dancing with what he thought was a woman. Toward the end of the night, his stubble started showing, but their manager was too tanked to notice.

Said Davies: "'Lola' was a love song, and the person they fall in love with is a transvestite. It's not their fault - they didn't know - but you know it's not going to last. It was based on a story about my manager."

Ray Davies revealed to Q magazine in a 2016 interview: "The song came out of an experience in a club in Paris. I was dancing with this beautiful blonde, then we went out into the daylight and I saw her stubble. "

He added; "So I drew on that but colored it in, made it more interesting lyrically."
    So, two versions from the song writer but both lead to transvestite. Wow!

SOURCE It's an interesting read.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke