Thread: Whoops

Whoops

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The good news is.. now She and Clarance Thomas can discuss unwanted spousal news coverage.

I hope that Mr.P is treated the same way that that a roofer in an old pickup truck would be treated.

What gets me is the guy's a multi-bajillionaire and he can't have some really nice guy in a blacked out Tahoe to drive him around if he wants to have a drink.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

He should be glad he was caught. Suppose he had caused an accident? If he has any human decency, that would prey on his mind every day, knowing his stupidity ended up hurting someone. I would have a hard time living with that if it were me.

Best thing that could have happened to him, given the circumstances.

I would very much prefer to be driven around if I'm drunk. But, since I'm neither rich nor drunk, we may never know.

As with other Americans, Mr. P will have to submit to the consequences. There should be no privileges given to him.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Well it turns out that pelosi was driving his Porsche and had a fender bender. At least need to give some kudos to any 82-year-old man who is still driving a Porsche.

I have a hard time conceiving of the type of money Pelosi has. And she's not the richest person in Congress.

Take Rick Scott. His net worth is $255 million. Invest at a reasonable rate of return of 4% net. That's $10,000,000 a year or about $28,000 PER DAY!! In one week, he outstrips my best annual salary before I retired.

Pelosi is a mere piker at $114 million. That's a mere $14,000 per day, every day. I don't think I could buy enough, sustained, to come close to that.

The next time I hear one of these say that they understand how hard it is for the middle class, I'm going to barf.

Pelosi's bail was set at $5000. That will set him back about 8.5 hours at his rate of income. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Pelosi's bail was set at $5000. That will set him back about 8.5 hours at his rate of income. Sheesh.
    The last time I got arrested for public intoxication (about 50 years ago), my bail was $75, quite a bit more than 8.5 hours pay for me......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yeah it's interesting. Many of them go in with nothing and come out multi-millionaires. Obama comes to mind. But for sure he is not the only one. Our infamous former senator and former attorney general was nothing more than a low-level prosecutor and he moved up within the system here in Alabama. They make a good living but certainly nothing to get rich. He goes up to the Senate serves for many years and is now multi-millionaire. The clintons are another example. They went in with nothing and now they're multimillionaires. Biden went in with nothing and now he's a multi-millionaire. It goes on and on and on and happens in both parties more than you can imagine. It is indeed a vile and corrupt system.

This comment is not aimed solely at Pelosi because I see this in the local paper every week. That is, a lot of older people getting charged with DUI. If they are alcoholics I somewhat understand it, but if they aren't I can't understand what is wrong with them---it's time to grow up! By the frequency of this in the weekly paper I have to think they can't all be alcoholics.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That is, a lot of older people getting charged with DUI. If they are alcoholics I somewhat understand it, but if they aren't I can't understand what is wrong with them---it's time to grow up! By the frequency of this in the weekly paper I have to think they can't all be alcoholics.
    I think in many cases they know they've gotten away with it, and other crimes, for so long they get the idea they're invincible...Some are a little different and own up to it...My own congresscritter, Kevin Brady, was once stopped and arrested for DUI (I think Montana), and he underwent a change of lifestyle because of it...Admitted his guilt, accepted the court's judgement and took his penalties...I don't know whether he quit drinking entirely or not, but I know his driving record since is clean...I admire anyone who can do that......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Admitted his guilt, accepted the court's judgement and took his penalties.
    That's what it usually takes for many.

It's the habitual drinkers who can possibly wreck or kill innocent people. If they've gotten away with it, they'll tell you they're actually a good driver even when drunk. One can only hope they, and their co-drivers, have luck on their side. Sadly, their life and others can end suddenly.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead