Thread: Electric Car Sales Soar But Raw Materials a Concern: Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Electric Car Sales Soar But Raw Materials a Concern: Report

Sales of electric cars accelerated last year, but the availability of critical raw materials such as lithium risked slowing the sector's growth, a report warned Monday.

At 6.6 million last year, electric vehicles sales more than doubled, and they now account for one in 10 new cars sold, according to the International Energy Agency's annual report on the sector.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

With the current crop of electric vehicles, there's not one I'd buy. However, when battery/storage issues advance, I could see it happening. I'd want a 4x4 with heat in all the right places to combat our Winters. And, I shouldn't have to buy all the bells and whistles to get it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Range is a real issue with me---and the published range drops dramatically when the weather turns cold.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, that's my issue, Dave. I'd want the range to at least get me down to St. George during the Winter. At this rate, I think I'll be waiting 5 to 10 years to see that happen.

Hutner
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Every other car around here is a Tesla...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillbo View Post
    Every other car around here is a Tesla...
    I'm embarrassed to say I can't recognize one car from another unless I see a nameplate...I'm not sure whether I've ever seen a Tesla...They all look alike......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...