Thread: Barramundi---what's for dinner

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Barramundi---what's for dinner

I never made Barramundi before because I never saw it in the store before It commonly is called a type of sea bass but it isn't a bass at all.

I have had it in restaurants and enjoyed it, so when it was on sale at my grocer I jumped on it---and happy that I did. Fish is one of those things that is hard to mess up.

I seared this in a cast iron skillet after rubbing it down with canola oil. About 5 minutes/side, then I made a garlic, lemon, and Irish Butter sauce (reduction) in the same pan. All done!

Don't give me a hard time about acid in cast iron---a well seasoned CI pan is not offended by that at all

I served that with brown rice and steamed broccoli for the bride and broccoli rabe for me.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The link to Wikipedia is a welcome thing.

Yeah, I was going to make a crack about the Sea Bass having Asian eyes, but cultural sensitivity overshadowed it.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    The link to Wikipedia is a welcome thing.

Yeah, I was going to make a crack about the Sea Bass having Asian eyes, but cultural sensitivity overshadowed it.

Hunter
    Since mine were headless fillets, I would not have been able to answer anything about the eyes
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Love Blackened Sea Bass.....

IMHO Chilean Sea Bass is as good as it gets. I only wish it had a better rating with Seafood Watch.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-26-2022 at 11:05 PM.

So, now that I've looked up "Seafood Watch" and saw it's a, "...global leader in the sustainable seafood movement." I'm in.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead