Thread: 14 little souls and one dear teacher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

19 little souls. two dear teachers and a grandmother

...aren't going home to their families tonight----for what?

But----we can just keep sitting on our hands while any nut who feels like it kills our kids.

These kids were grade 2, 3 and 4.

I think of my own grandchildren----if they went to that school how in the hell could I tell them to go back to school tomorrow?

Enough is Enough
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-27-2022 at 11:54 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Nasty...What goes on inside those heads to compel insanity like that?...And why does it seem to be happening with increasing frequency?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Such a terrible act. Why do these nut jobs do such reprehensible things?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Age 18 for a rifle and 21 for a handgun . Wonder how he acquired them .

We will have to wait a couple of days for more information about him to come out. Web posting , interviews with people who knew him etc.
    Was this foreseeable ?.
    Also , why the little kids ?. I would think if he was harassed by his peers , it would have been High School age children .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

He brought me to tears---and I have no answer for him

I can do no more than pray that we do something----anything but damn it---do something
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Such a terrible act. Why do these nut jobs do such reprehensible things?
    My bet's on "Social Media"
    Dave

Today is un-returnable !

Laying it off on mental illness allows a scapegoat so we won't have to face the fact that whatever his motivation, it was the fact that he had a gun in his hands that allowed him to kill 18 (latest count).

When does the body count become high enough for gun rights people to finally become willing to do something more than tut tut about mental illness, warning signs that were missed, and do the "thoughts and prayers" bull**** dance?

One of the parents of Parkland said that he thinks that the parents of these children don't want "thoughts and prayers". They want their children. And Texas is busy finding ways to deregulate guns. Good thing irony is not dead. This would have killed it along with those children.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Laying it off on mental illness allows a scapegoat so we won't have to face the fact that whatever his motivation, it was the fact that he had a gun in his hands that allowed him to kill 18 (latest count).

When does the body count become high enough for gun rights people to finally become willing to do something more than tut tut about mental illness, warning signs that were missed, and do the "thoughts and prayers" bull**** dance?

One of the parents of Parkland said that he thinks that the parents of these children don't want "thoughts and prayers". They want their children. And Texas is busy finding ways to deregulate guns. Good thing irony is not dead. This would have killed it along with those children.

Well said Kevin
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraridriver View Post
    My bet's on "Social Media"
    I agree. And I'll add news media.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I may be a bit off but I lay the blame on this bull**** on parents not being able to wack the **** out of the little bastards when they acted out as kids. They have to know there are consequences to actions. Flunk them for not performing in class, Screw the Oh but it might hurt their self esteem. These snowflakes can't handle it when stuff doesn't go their way. They need to learn to suck it up, life is hard, deal with it. We did
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I agree. And I'll add news media.
    And I'll add to that these violent shooter video games. They play them for hours and the whole goal is to shoot people and kill them in all kind of perverted scenarios.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.