Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
I did, Dave...Such laws exist right now, and my oldest friend here in Montgomery County is employed by the county to serve such warrants and transport the subjects to a facility for psychiatric evaluation...This has been his duty assignment for about four years and he is very good at it...So good in fact, they he trains others for similar duty...In that time, there have been no mass killings committed by anyone he has dealt with...

Is his effectiveness in implementing the spirit and intent of the law responsible for the absence of Montgomery County mass shootings?...The argument could be made either way, but proving a negative (an impossible task) would be necessary...I'll listen to any alternative which does not involve the enactment of further useless restrictions on the lawful possession of firearms......Ben
You may have an effective law in TX but much of the rest of the nation does not, as can be seen here. I do question if the success you attribute to this one individual is indicative of the entire state.

My wife struggled for years with her limited ability to commit anyone involuntarily. In fact, over the course of her career there were many that she did a limited (duration) involuntary commitment on and were then released after a few days and went on to hurt either themselves or others. The lacks law and a disinterested judge can reverse the position of a medical professional in minutes.

Do a bit of research and find out how many of these perpetrators have been "through the system". They can't be left to simply "go through the system", they have to be held and treated.