Thread: Amazon...

Amazon...

I keep finding things to buy there...

Curse you, Jeff Bezos, and the horse you rode in on!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I keep finding things to buy there...

Curse you, Jeff Bezos, and the horse you rode in on!......Ben
    Sorry Ben but there is no cure for that disease. Just enjoy it while you can.

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I shop there the same as any store. I go in, get what I came for and leave

My wife, on the other hand is a browser
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Sorry Ben but there is no cure for that disease. Just enjoy it while you can.

Yeah, I've had a lot time on my hands between gun shows...Last one with tables was in February and the next one is June 3-4...So instead of driving around just visiting out of town shows, and burning large volumes of overpriced diesel, I started ordering little odds and ends I've been wanting to add to the Beast...I admit it got out of hand...I spent less at gun shows......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I shop there the same as any store. I go in, get what I came for and leave

My wife, on the other hand is a browser
    I have little discipline once I get started......Ben

Except for food almost all of my shopping is done on Amazon. Especially since moving to the country.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I hope you all know about Amazon Smile. A small % of each order amount will be donated to a charity of your choice. It costs you nothing and adds to substantial amounts to the designated recipient. They will periodically send you an accounting of the amount.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    I hope you all know about Amazon Smile. .

Yes and funny enough I donate to the rescue I got Lexi from... Help a Dog Smile.

Amazon is my go to when needing to buy something I don't need today.....

Yep - Wifey and I use Amazon's charitable process as well. It makes up for some of the guilt resulting from local businesses going belly up.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Except for food almost all of my shopping is done on Amazon. Especially since moving to the country.
    I use Amazon in addition to Sam's club and Costco. Those are pretty much my go-to mail order vendors.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

The "Amazon Smile" program is one of my few ways of donating to charity...Since Dave told us about it some time ago, I've been able to contribute to the American Legion more often......Ben

Thanks I'll have to add that in next time I'm on.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Thanks I'll have to add that in next time I'm on.
    As Dave advised at an earlier date, you have to log in and order through the Amazon Smile site each time before the donation is processed......Ben

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Excellent info, my friends.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead