Thread: This one isn't working out very well

This one isn't working out very well

...trump's endorsement of David Perdue in Ga over the incumbent Brian Kemp isn't having the full impact one might expect of a "laity ordination" from the puppet master.

Interestingly, Mike Pence has endorsed Brian Kemp.

Incumbent Georgia governor Brian Kemp, a Republican, holds a 32-point lead over challenger David Perdue heading into the gubernatorial primary next week, according to a Fox News poll released on Wednesday.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    no matter how hard you try, you can't polish a turd.
    I'm not sure about that. They seam to have done and are still doing a pretty good job of shining up the dems .

Over all , I think if you look at the endorsements and number of wins as opposed to losses , Trump seams to be batting a fairly high percentage.

Now , is that a good thing ?. I don't know. What I do know is that when Trump was President , I paid over a dollar a gallon less for gas and at least $ 20.00 less for a weeks trip for food . We were getting out of the everlasting wars , Talks [ whether or not productive ] were taking place with the mad dogs of the world in an attempt to lessen tensions .

Under the current idiot in charge , even blind people can see the increasing prices and plans to continue the increase hurting those of us not in the upper brackets and who are living on a limited income. He along with the Congress and Senate are trying their best to get us into more wars . And that is BOTH dems and reps . Inflation though the roof while sending billions to other countries . Military being sent back to Somalia . The population of a town a day crossing into the Country ILLEGALLY with no plans to reduce the inflow.

A couple of mean tweets and an over inflated ego are looking good about now.
    Last edited by Independent Voter; 05-22-2022 at 04:52 PM.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Actually I can't say I disagree with much of what you said. The idiot in the White House doesn't know where he is, and his woke ass, greeny, left wing extremist handlers are running the country. But we don't talk about it much because to do so we could fill these forums by the minute of the things the current administration is doing to ruin America and to put a burden on the American people that is unsustainable. It's shameful.

On edit: after thinking about it I felt bad about calling Biden an idiot. I think it's unfair to call him that with him suffering from a common malady affecting people his age. I would amend my response to say it appears that the president is suffering from age and aneurysm related cognitive deficiencies.
    Last edited by Honda; 05-22-2022 at 08:23 PM.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

You know, I thought this one was headed into hell itself before turning into a useful thread.

Frankly, I liked working for politicians - but there's no way I'd become one. Living in a fishbowl is not a life I want to live. Yet, we continue to have them rise up and fight for their political lives. Better them then us, my friends.

For what it's worth, "his woke ass, greeny, left wing extremist handlers" text posted by our friend is one of the best lines I've seen here in a few years.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Voter View Post
    I'm not sure about that. They seam to have done and are still doing a pretty good job of shining up the dems .

Over all , I think if you look at the endorsements and number of wins as opposed to losses , Trump seams to be batting a fairly high percentage.
    You might want to do an audit on that IV.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Anyone one that thinks a president controls fuel prices is a fool.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Anyone one that thinks a president controls fuel prices is a fool.
    I would agree with you in most cases. The situation we are in now is an exception.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

https://www.kiplinger.com/personal-f...still-going-up

Biden's policies are a factor, but the main reason has to do with actions oil companies took during the pandemic. Economic activity slowed, oil hit very low prices, and world oil production declined drastically as oil companies chose not to sell oil at fire sale prices. These idled wells cannot just be spun up into production quickly and in addition, oil companies are not rushing to drill, choosing to reward shareholders with dividends from higher profits.

Biden's unfriendliness towards oil production is a factor, though. He's so busy appeasing the hard left radicals in the Democratic Party, he's kind of tossing the rest of us to the wolves.

One encouraging sign: I left Conroe yesterday when diesel was $5.19 and found it in Magnolia at $4.89, so I topped off my tank...I still spent $110 even though I still had 3/4 of a tank to begin with...Today in Conroe I noticed one retailer with diesel at $4.69 while it's competitor across the street was at $4.87...I'm all in favor of price wars, but I may not participate until late June......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I like it when Pence stands up and takes on an issue. He exemplifies why we need a President to be surrounded by good law-abiding people.

Should he have done more? Sure, but we could ask that about many during #45's presidency. What mattered was Pence stood his ground - even though doing so endangered him.

I wish Pence and his family well. They'll need it. Like President Ford, he'll learn that being there to pick up the pieces is not rewarded.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead