Thread: $28 Million Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Commission Leaves Port

$28 Million Rolls-Royce Boat Tail Commission Leaves Port

https://manofmany.com/rides/cars/rol...earl-boat-tail

Rolls-Royce knows its owners unlike any other brand and its bespoke automotive division has been kept busy of late with a string of exclusive one-offs stretching both the imagination and the price- tags of these elusive creations. To recap, the first Boat Tail, rumoured to be made for Jay Z and Beyonce, was based around yacht design while the second one has taken inspiration from the pearl industry. Revealed at Concorso d’Eleganza, Villa d’Este 2022, on the shores of Lake Como in northern Italy, the Boat Tail coach-built commission would only be limited to three cars including the second one being revealed here.
    Not sure it's worth 28 Million though.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

It's not beyond my credit limit, it's also ugly as homemade sin......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The words butt fugly comes to mind.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Yeah, I'm concerned enough about this car that I am volunteering to drive it for a year. If it doesn't get better MPG than my Diesel Jeep - it's gone.

Now, in my own defense, I'm offering my time in this effort free of charge. How can I be denied this selfless act?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I'm offering my time in this effort free of charge. How can I be denied this selfless act?

Hunter
    Will you also provide your own head covering (IE paper bag) to avoid the humiliation of recognition while driving that abomination?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    The words butt fugly comes to mind.
    yep....

I've seen RR's through the years but have never driven one. Part of the RR lore is the tale that a Rolls is so quiet, you can hear the dash clock ticking while driving.

Sadly, in my lily-white world, we may never know if the RR lore is correct or not. How can I go on?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Only one I ever came close to buying was a 1947 version. Similiar to this https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...h/2570187.html but white and left hand drive. And powered by a big block Chevy.

But alas there was no Grey Poupon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwOCOm9Z0YE in the car.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Oh, man. That '48 Rolls is sweet, Fred.

Yeah, I think we all remember the commercials about Grey Poupon. They were uber cool.

Hunter

I have never had an urge for a RR. If I have to put up with Mr Lucas, I want it to be more fun to drive when it is running
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis