Thread: The world as we know it is now over

The world as we know it is now over

OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

This hardly qualifies as earth shattering in my world.

Amish struggle with all the same devils as the rest of us. This is most common with the youth during "Rumspringa", a period of rebellious behavior that is allowed prior to their either being baptized as young adults or leaving the church. However, adults are not immune to the same weaknesses.

Here the standard police policy is to follow the buggy with their lights flashing to warn other drivers. The greatest danger comes at stop signs---horses don't read. When they get home the horse goes to the barn and waits to be unhitched, while the police wake the driver turned passenger and cite them with a DUI.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-21-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Throw the book at him.. orange jumpsuit, picking up litter..

Sorry, no sympathy here. The Amish are no more “good or wholesome “ then others who go to church..

Hmmm... I'm trying to wrangle this one ethically and professionally... but don't know if I can.

My knee-jerk reaction would be to let the guy go on home. Yet, if he's a repeat "offender" - I'd escalate punitive sanctions.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead