Thread: I’ll see your bat guano crazy and raise a crazier than an outhouse rat!

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..

I’ll see your bat guano crazy and raise a crazier than an outhouse rat!

While running errands today I happened to drive down the street behind the Fairfax County Courthouse.. one of the gated entrances (seriously gated, access to jail and court) had a sheriffs car across the driveway .. and a dozen or so “lost souls” on the small lawn and sidewalk next to the gate..

This must be the vip/limo entrance for the Johnny Depp trial…

I deliberately avoided the front of the Court House because of the media trucks.. but didn’t expect a “watch” posted around back.

I don't get it

I don't care to get it

How this has crawled into the media says a whole lot of both the media and the consumer, and none of it is any good
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It’s still on the local news here.. every night..

But after all of this time there are still a dozen young (20s-30s) women hanging around the back (sneak in) gate.. at 0930..

Wowzers, I don’t get it either..

If Johnny Depp is “sneaking “ through the back gate.. I can assure you that it is because it’s easier for the Sheriffs Department.. than him using the front door..

I've seen him in the pirate movies, pretty funny...What's he on trial for?...I'm already sorry I asked......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

To put it short and sweet he is suing his wife for claiming he's a wife beater.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Since this has been on the " news " non stop for the last two weeks , I feel it must affect me in some way . Other wise there would be time spent on more important items. Just how am I supposed to be affected b a trial of two people I don't know , nor do I want to . ?.y
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

Back in the ancient daze.. The Washington Post owned a warehouse right at I-95 and the Beltway, in Springfield (Fairfax County) Virginia.. as the newspaper grew, The Post installed a second big printing press in the Springfield warehouse.. then times got tuff for print media and the Post sold their half block long building (and the original press) at 16th & L st (as in K st, lobbiest and DC attorneys) for a small, no large fortune.. offices moved to cheaper real estate.. data center (WP dot com) moved to Springfield..

Amber Heart wrote an op-Ed about spousal abuse.. Depp is suing.. the op-Ed was printed and resided on a Washington Post server in Springfield (Fairfax County) Virginia.. that is why the “trial” is here..

That press and data center are going to have to pay a boatload of taxes to pay for this “goat rope”

Even the WSJ has fallen to this trash story. This from my evening email:

Good afternoon and welcome to What’s News. Here’s what you should know today, June 1

• Johnny Depp won his defamation lawsuit against Amber Heard
    • U.S. hiring demand remained strong in April
    • Hundreds of Russian troops broke ranks over their Ukraine orders, documents reveal
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Maybe Depp won. What matters, in the long run, is if he can still land major (highly compensated) roles.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead