Thread: Another Republican has had enough

Another Republican has had enough

The fellow that wrote the Anonymous op-ed is leaving the party. He was the Department of Homeland Security Chief of Staff.

“I’m done.I no longer believe the Republican Party can be saved. The vitriolic rhetoric is inspiring violent radicals. I’m quitting the GOP. And I hope more do the same,” former DHS chief of staff Miles Taylor wrote on Twitter.
    In a subsequent tweet, he included a link to an NBC News op-ed he wrote explaining why he was leaving the GOP to become an independent.

He said it was “glaringly obvious” in light of the Saturday mass shooting in Buffalo, N.Y., — the suspect in which cited the racist “great replacement theory” in a manifesto he posted online — that the Republican party poses a threat to the United States and does not reflect conservative values.

“The vitriolic GOP rhetoric is inspiring violent radicals, and I don’t say that lightly,” Taylor wrote.
    “After more than a decade in counterterrorism, it’s clear to me that my party is mainstreaming conspiracy theories that are fueling a statistical spike in political intimidation, attitudes toward violence and the specter of domestic terrorism that we witnessed this weekend in New York,” he continued.

He argued that the Republican Party was now one “of misinformation and false grievances, of protectionism and nativism, of election subversion and anti-democratic sentiment” and asserted that it pushed baseless claims about the 2020 election being stolen, QAnon conspiracy theories and the same racist theory that fueled the tragic Saturday shooting.
    Poken Sie hier

Replacement Theory is a feature of Congresswoman Elise Stefanik's tenure. She is the Number 3 Republican and hails from up by me in what is Trump Country Supreme - 80% of my county voted for Trump last election. Red as you get.

When I read that earlier this morning, I felt as if I was welcoming another "brother" being freed from the grip of the rinos. I am sad to say that it remains tainted by grief, not joy. I was a Republican all my life--until confronted by trump and his band of unprincipled thugs.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...... I was a Republican all my life--until confronted by trump and his band of unprincipled thugs.
    Same here. Now I'm just pissed off and not affiliated with any party.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Yup----I'm a nutin
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I like the way this is going, my friends.

With enough Independents, we may sway the direction our country is taking.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead